Plone.org to Plone 6 Sprint - June 17, 2022
On June 17th, join us with another plone.org renewal sprint.
Plone.org renewal sprint June 17, 2022
The Plone communication and marketing team is aiming for renewing plone.org to the Plone 6 version in 2022 with the help of the Plone community.
The preliminary plan was presented at Plone Conference 2021 https://2021.ploneconf.org/schedule/the-new-plone-org-built-on-plone-6
Check out the recap and current status on the World Plone Day Presentation by Rikupekka and Sally.
Main ideas and status
- Plone.org is going to be migrated to Plone 6
The visual theme will be slightly customized but somewhat close to out-of-the-box experience
- Updated: some new Volto blocks are created for the site, open-sourced eventually
- Content needs refreshing: frontpage, many main landing pages
- The aim is to get the new site published during 2022, definitely before the Plone Conference
- Status update: https://plone.org/news/2022/great-progress-on-the-new-plone-org-built-on-plone-6
Read more at:
By the sprint, we should have a running staging site, ready for content work. Technically, there is a ready-made theme and needed blocks here: https://github.com/collective/volto-plone-org
- Work on the homepage
- Work on any main section
- Work on any subpage
- Make content on new case studies
- Migration from the current production site
- Test the new buildout, work on any technical fixes or theme improvements
- Curate and look for good images to use from https://www.flickr.com/photos/plone-foundation/
- Help to test the new site
How to participate in the sprint
- Open-ended event on - work at your own timezone however you wish!
- Check the presentation and the background info above
- Read Sprint Document and add your name and topic to the list
Join the discussion on the #ploneorg channel at Discord with a join link: https://discord.gg/g3NhhAwSFD
- Both chat and ad hoc audio meetings
- Join Discord calls at
14.00 CET on Friday, for status updates and discussion
17.30 CET on Friday, for status updates and discussion
Or at any time you like using the voice channel on Discord
- You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for more info
See you there!