We provide support for development and marketing, and are modeled after similar ventures such as the Apache Software Foundation. We are the legal owner of the Plone codebase, trademarks, and domain names. Our goal is to ensure Plone remains the premier open source content management system to broaden its acceptance and visibility.
The Foundation is governed by an elected Board of Directors and supported by: Members, Sponsors and Heroes, Plone Teams, and the global community.
Goals and objectives
The mission of the foundation is to protect and promote Plone.
Our goals include:
- Provide clear, neutral, and sustainable ownership of code, trademarks, and domains
- Provide a decision-making structure for essential community activities
- Ensure that, as Plone grows, it remains a level playing field
- Act as the voice of Plone for official announcements, press releases, and other communications
- Help create promotional material, interviews, speeches, and other activities to market Plone
PO Box 431
Fishers IN 46038
- Voice Mail
+1 (317) 747-0254
- To contact the Plone Foundation board, please email
board at plone.org