These ideas were proposed for the 2016 Google Summer of Code
Google Summer of Code
Since 2006, the Plone Foundation has participated in the Google Summer of Code eight times, with a ninth time in 2015 under the auspices of the Python Software Foundation. Throughout that long and storied history, Plone has benefitted greatly from the contributions of GSOC students. And many of our students have gone on to become core contributors to Plone as well as productive members of other open source software communities.
Participate In the 2017 Summer of Code
Plone has been selected for the 2017 Summer of Code program. Student application will open on March 20, 2017. Until then, here are some ways you can get started learning about Plone and our community:
- Introduce yourself to our community
- Download and install Plone and make a simple website
- Read our documentation to learn about how Plone works, and how to contribute
- Find an issue suitable for newcomers in our issue tracker and try to fix it
- Read our GSoC ideas list and pick one you're interested in, or come up with your own idea.
We look forward to meeting you! Welcome to Plone!
2017 Project Ideas
These ideas were proposed for the 2015 Google Summer of Code
These ideas were proposed for the 2014 Google Summer of Code
These projects were proposed for the 2013 Google Summer of Code
These projects were proposed for the 2012 Google Summer of Code
These projects were proposed for the 2011 Google Summer of Code