Plone.org renewal 2022
This page contains information about Plone.org renewal in 2022 - the goal is to update plone.org to Plone 6.
The new plone.org
Plone communications and marketing team is aiming for renewing plone.org to the Plone 6 version in 2022 with the help of the Plone community.
The preliminary plan is presented at Plone Conference 2021 https://2021.ploneconf.org/schedule/the-new-plone-org-built-on-plone-6
With slides: https://www.slideshare.net/rioksane/the-new-ploneorg-built-on-plone-6-250557521
Plone.org is Plone 6
In short, we want to go back to the roots of plone.org, utilizing out-of-the-box Plone with little to no customization - hoping to highlight Plone features as they are for new users.
Plone.org will be updated to Plone 6 with the new React-based frontend called Volto.
We will create a few content types, but we'll be using already available addons.
In 2021, these steps will be taken:
- A news item and an info page (this one!) to sum up the vision and plan
- A community post to give the same information there
- Shared document for the plan
- Scheduled sprints as plone.org even ts
- A discussion channel at Discord with a join link:https://discord.gg/dKfg9PR9
- Marketing team contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Github issues list, project at: https://github.com/orgs/plone/projects/10
How to contribute:
- You may contact email@example.com and ask/suggest
- Or add a comment to the planning document, and suggest in what task you could help
- Join the discussion at Discord
- Join the upcoming sprints!
There is work for everyone interested :) Especially these areas:
- Discussion about the plan
- What Plone.org contents and audiences should be highlighted
- Migration info/suggestions
- Putting up a testing site
- Help with visuals and images
- Help with content work
Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.