Plone.org renewal to Plone 6, December 2022 Sprint
Join us to work on Plone.org renewal!
Plone.org renewal 2022
The Plone communications and marketing team is aiming for renewing plone.org to the Plone 6 version in 2022 with the help of the Plone community.
The preliminary plan is presented at Plone Conference 2021 https://2021.ploneconf.org/schedule/the-new-plone-org-built-on-plone-6
With slides: https://www.slideshare.net/rioksane/the-new-ploneorg-built-on-plone-6-250557521
- Plone.org is going to be migrated to Plone 6
- The visual theme will be out-of-the-box Plone 6 with Volto frontend, using available add-ons
- Content needs refreshing: frontpage, many main areas
- The aim is to get the new site published by World Plone Day 2022 (April).
Read more at:
- Shared document for the plan
- Github issues list, a project at:https://github.com/plone/ploneorg.core/projects/3 (to be updated)
How to participate in the sprint
Check the presentation and the background info
- Add comments to the planning document, and suggest in what task you could help
- Read Sprint Document and add your name to the list
- Join the discussion at Discord with a join link: https://discord.gg/q6dqU465 during the day
- On Saturday, December 4th, join the Zoom call at 15:00 CET.
- On Sunday, December 5th, join the Discord's #ploneorg channel and we will meet in the Sprint/Standup voice/video channel at 14:00 CET
If you have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for more information.
See you there!