Plone Foundation Board Minutes January 25, 2024

The meeting started at 20:04 UTC.


Martin Peeters, Brian Davis, Mikel Larreategi, Paul Roeland, Éric Bréhault.
Kim Paulissen and Guido Stevens are excused.


Approval of the minutes of January 11th
Mikel moves to approve, Brians seconds, all in favor.

Check if action items were followed up

  • Give access to 1password to all Plone Board members - Paul Roeland: done.
  • Follow up on Framework team - Mikel Larreategi: Mikel will attend the next week meeting.
  • Contact People about Zope Foundation Funds - Martin Peeters: see Continued business.
  • List all plone domains - Paul Roeland: Paul will provide a list of domains we can cancel.
  • Reply to Maurits about release manager stipend - Martin Peeters: see New business.

Incoming correspondence

  • 2023-01-18 - The Open Source Initiative - OSI Board Elections: we usually vote to improve diversity, we will do it again this year.
  • 2023-01-18 - Jens Klein & Christine Baumgartner - Sprint Funding Request - Tiny Shiny Alpine City Sprint: we need a team to declare the sprint as strategic before we can approve it.
  • 2023-01-19 - Jakob Kahl - Sprint Funding Request - Beethoven Sprint 2024: we need a team to declare the sprint as strategic before we can approve it.
  • 2023-01-22 - Github - Your GitHub Sponsors 1099 tax form is ready
  • 2023-01-24 - Victor Fernandez de Alba - Request: see New business.

New Business

Release manager stipend: Since Victor is investing a lot of time in the Volto release manager role, we think it is fair to give him a stipend.
Consequently, we need to raise the release managers stipend budget to 16 000 USD.
Eric moves to approve this modification to the budget, Martin seconds, all in favor.
Martin will write to Victor and Maurits to inform them about the decision.

Continued Business

  • Plone domains: waiting for the list from Paul.
  • Plone Conference 2024: no news.
  • Sponsorship program: Guido had a call with Erico and will report back at next meeting.
  • Membership Committee renewal: meeting has been re-scheduled.
  • Zope Foundation Funds: no news yet.

Review Ongoing

  • Eric has submitted the Plone Foundation application to the 2024 GSoC program.
  • Steve Piercy would like to apply to the Google Summer of Docs program. We will support him.


Mikel moves to adjourn, Martin seconds, all in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 20:40 UTC.