Present: Jon Stahl, Steve McMahon, Geir Bækholt
Absent: Darci Hanning, Joel Burton (traveling), Alex Limi
In Darci's absence, Jon Stahl called the meeting to order at 12pm PDT
Jon moved to approve the minutes from our March 13 meeting.
Plone Conference 2008 (Jon)
We've received two proposals, from teams in Prague and Washington,
DC. Our original plan was to have the community whittle the list of
proposals down to three, then have the board make the final choice.
We discussed whether we wanted to make the decision ourselves or put
it out to the Plone community for a vote, as we have in the past. We
discussed a bit, and decided to take a vote of the entire board via
email before the end of the coming weekend.
Sprint Kit Section on Plone.org (Nate)
David Siedband proposed creating a "Sprint Kit" packet of materials
about organizing a sprint on Plone.org. We've created the space, and
Nate will remind David that it's now available. The board was
enthusiastic and appreciative of this effort.
Plone.net Sponsorship Plan (Jon)
Committee, Project Committee, and Work Group Reports
Membership Committee (Darci)
- Action Items:
- Review membership application queue
- Report: status on membership approval process
Trademark / IP Committee (Geir)
- Report: status on potential trademark infringement from a commercial software company (legal advice on our options)
- Currently two possible infringements
- General status report
Marketing Committee (Nate)
- Brand audit update
- Site re-design update (Alex)
- General status update (plone.net design? job board?)
By-laws Work Group (Joel)
- Status update
Content Policy Work Group (Steve)
Status: CC licensing implementation with input from IP committee.
IP Committee suggested adding a checkbox to join_form preferences.
Steve reported feeling a bit stuck; Jon volunteered to brainstorm
and bring something back to the board, checking in with the IP
Plone.org / Plone.net infrastructure (Geir)
Plone.org and Plone.net have continued to not be very reliable of late, causing frustration and pain in the Plone community. Many people in the community have expressed a willingness to put money into the problem if we can get it solved. Process is a bit unclear.
We agreed that the status quo needs to change, and that Plone.org needs to have additional technical sysadmin resources.
Geir will draft up some suggested criteria for success, which we will revise via email and then engage the community in helping us to solve.
Jon pointed out that we need an inventory of our technical assets. Jon will follow up on this with Alex & Joel.
We need to recruit someone to drive a process forward. Geir will scan the list of foundation members, and we can put out a call.
Plone Certification Proposal and Domain Usage
Ofer Weisglass sought permission to use Plone trademarks for a technical certification exam for Plone, and also to promote a proposed documentary.
Jon moved to deny these requests.
April 10 - normal time.