As many of you know, I stepped down from the board after the 2008-2009 term to focus on being a dad. Now that I've (mostly) adjusted to the "new normal," I'd love to step up serve the community again.
I'm really proud of what our community's accomplished in the past few years, steering Plone through a tremendous period of growth and change. Plone 4 is an incredible release, and is just a taste of the paradigm shift that Dexerity, Deco and XDV are already beginning to land for Plone 5. In 2010-2011, I'd like to see the Foundation support that work by focusing on:
- Revamping Plone.net to bring it up to (or beyond!) the quality standard of Plone.org
- Creating outstanding core marketing materials for Plone
- Ensuring that the Plone Foundation has a solid, appropriate budget (both income and expense) that allows us to do a kickass job of protecting and promoting Plone.
What I bring:
- 15 years of experience with nonprofits, both as an employee, a board member and a consultant.
- Six years of experience in the Plone community, including two terms on the board, lead organizer for Plone Conference 2006, and facilitator for the 2008 Plone Strategic Planning Summit.
- A non-programmer's perspective. I'm an environmental activist, strategist and project manager. As my colleagues can attest, I can (barely) read Python, but I can't write it.
- Common sense, a can-do attitude and tremendous energy.
Nomination seconded by: