Plone Foundation Board for 2009-2010
Plone Foundation Board Members for 2009-2010.
- Geir Bækholt (Tønsberg, Norway) - President - Geir Bækholt is managing director of Jarn (the Norwegian Plone consultancy formerly known as Plone Solutions). He is has been part of Plone since its inception, and does both software development and organisational work and manages the multinational team of Plone core developers that make out the Jarn crew. He arranged the 2006 Archipelagosprint and assisted in the planning of the Plone Conference 2007. This is Geir's fourth term on the Plone Foundation board.
- Calvin Hendryx-Parker (Fortville, Indiana) - Vice President - Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder of Six Feet Up, Inc., a WEBNC certified Women's Business Enterprise based in the United States of America that specializes in Plone and Python-based development, hosting and deployment. Six Feet Up hosts the plone.org site and has led numerous Plone Tune-ups since the summer of 2008. This is Calvin's first term on the board.
- Steve McMahon (Davis, California, USA) - Secretary - Steve is a partner in Reid-McMahon, LLC, a Plone consultancy specializing in work with non profits. He also does extensive volunteer work with the Davis Community Network. This is Steve's third term on the board.
- Roberto Allende (Cordoba, Argentina) - Roberto is a Plone trainer and commercial manager of Menttes, a Plone consulting firm that provides development, support and training in South America and Worldwide. He is a Plone activist, the cofounder of Plone Cono Sur user group, the South American contact for PloneGov and he made contributions to the CommunesPlone project. He was the creator and champion of World Plone Day 2008. This is Roberto's first term on the board.
- Mark Corum (Charlottesville, Virginia, USA) - Mark works at the University of Virginia, where he is involved in web development, design and instruction. His background includes marketing for some of America's largest companies, dozens political campaigns, and stints as a journalist, research engineer, consultant and graphic designer. This is Mark's first term on the board.
- Matt Hamilton (Bristol, UK) - Technical Director, Netsight Internet Solutions a Plone development company based in Bristol, UK. He is generally involved in Plone consulting on scalability, authentication and integration of Plone in the enterprise. He organised the Plone performance sprint in Bristol in 2008. Matt also served on the founding board of the Plone Foundation. This is Matt's third term on the board.
- Alexander Limi (San Francisco, California, USA) - Alexander Limi is one of Plone's original founders, and combines the kind of good looks, intelligence, sensitivity, and raw animal magnetism that only come from writing his own biography. He works at Mozilla in Mountain View, California. Limi is the all-hands person in the Plone project, and is also responsible for keeping the user experience and visual layout consistent and easy to use — as well as herding the cats known as the Plone community. He has served on the Plone Foundation board since its inception in 2004.
- Toby Roberts (Houston, Texas, USA) - Treasurer - Toby works at Enfold Systems, a Plone consulting firm. He has served as the Plone Foundation Treasurer since 2004.
Advisory Board Members
- Joel Burton (San Francisco, California, USA) - Joel is one of the Plone community's best-known trainers and consultants, is a past president of the Plone Foundation and has served several terms on the board of directors. Joel's historical knowledge of Plone, the Plone Foundation and the Plone community are invaluable.
- Jon Stahl (Seattle, Washington, USA) - Jon Stahl works at Groundwire, a nonprofit organization that provides technology and communications strategy assistance to environmental nonprofits. Since 2005, Groundwire has launched over 170 Plone sites, hosted Plone Conference 2006, and is an active contributor to the Plone community. Jon is immediate past president of the board.
- Xavier Heymans (Brussels, Belgium) - As CEO of Zea Partners, Xavier manages the operations, strategy, and partner relations of this worldwide association of Plone consulting firms. Xavier is also involved with the Plone Foundation's Trademark & IP Committee. Specializing in management and active in open source since 2002, Xavier has an expertise in the organizational challenges facing SMEs to deliver professional solutions based on an open source shared technology. Xavier is active in promoting the use of Plone in the government sector through the PloneGov project, and will serve as the Plone Foundation's representative to the EU Commission.