Minutes for November 16, 2017

by Chrissy Wainwright published 2017/11/30 20:12:41 GMT+0, last modified 2017-11-30T20:12:41+00:00

Meeting called to order at 20:02 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Carol Ganz, Philip Bauer

Absent: Víctor Fernández de Alba (excused)

Approval of the minutes of November 2

Alexander moved to approve, Philip seconded

Unanimously Approved

Approval of the minutes of the General Meeting

Alexander moved to approve, Chrissy seconded

Unanimously Approved

Incoming Correspondence

  • Security Update - we have been informed that there will be a regular security update on November 28.
  • Logo Use - There was a discussion about the Plone CLI logo and its compliance with our logo standards. David Bain then made some changes to update the logo to better fit the standards.
  • Wildcard Sponsorship - Wilcard had donated two servers, but will not be used by Plone just yet because they are only accessible via VPN. Kim is checking if Wildcard will sponsor the Linode VMs that Plone is planning on using (see below) in order to fulfill their sponsorship requirement.

New Business

  • Infrastructure Plan - Paul received a preliminary budget for infrastructure changes, some details are still being worked out of where all the sites and items will live. They will make use of Linode and TransIP, transferring at the end of the year. Oz Tiram has joined the Infrastructure Team, and Paul is working on the mailing lists. Chrissy made a motion to approve up to $200 a month for the infrastructure changes, Alexander seconded.
  • Paragon Shutdown - Kim will write up information about the state of Paragon. (https://plone.org/community/paragon-project)
  • BSI Update - Alexander found that part of the results from the study have been published online, though we had not been notified about it. Summary of the study: it contains a checklist of what you can do to keep your Plone site secure; following normal security practices of making long passwords, and creating users that are not Zope users.
  • PloneConf 2018 Tokyo - money has been transferred for securing the venue. The group in Tokyo will have a sprint next week to prepare for the conference. Includes the organizers and volunteers from PyCon Japan.
  • PloneConf 2017 Barcelona - still waiting to hear from video people of when the videos will be available online.
  • Domain Issues - Nejc Zupan found that his company hosts a couple domains that violate Plone's policy for domain names. He offered to shut them down. We are checking into options.

Review Ongoing

  • Budget - Paul and Carol will start collaborating on the budget
  • Contributor Agreement - Paul has time set aside this week to look into what might need to change in the agreement if we take on sub-organizations
  • Kiwi PyCon - we will not be sponsoring a booth this year as there are not enough Plone people attending to support one.
  • Plone 5.1 -  the last blocker for the 5.1 release has been fixed!
  • Plone 5.2 - the last remaining issue in the 5.2 has been fixed, Plone 5.2 is using Zope 4 with passing tests!
  • Plone Release Notes - we will be working to update the release notes for Plone 5.1 and 5.2 to make them human-readable and interesting
  • New Plone Installers - working on collaboration and workflow for creating installers for each new Plone version.
  • PLOG - will be April 9 - 13

 

Carol moved to adjourn, Chrissy seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 21:14 UTC