Minutes for May 17, 2017
Meeting called to order at 19:05 UTC
Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Víctor Fernández de Alba (joined late)
Absent: Philip Bauer, Carol Ganz
Approval of the minutes of May 4
Kim moved to approve, Paul seconded
- Kiwi Pycon - Kim spoke with someone in the forum from New Zealand, and found that he is interested in helping to promote Plone at Kiwi Pycon, so we will likely be sponsoring again this year.
- UW Oshkosh Student Projects - Kim was present for the final demos of the projects. The most complete was a gamification version of collective.badges. The students used Travis. Another team worked on a Windows installer that works on Windows 7, 8, and 10. It needs some debugging. One student is interested in finishing the project over the summer, and Kim is planning to start a crowdfunding effort to help get it finished.
- PyCon - talks start on Friday! Materials have been shipped to Cris Ewing, he is leading the booth setup.
- Euro Python - talks have not yet been announced. We will have a booth and materials.
- Python Web - Coming up in a couple weeks. There are still some tickets left. Philip is giving a Plone tutorial and Alexander is doing a talk on Plone.
- Plone 5.1 - Paul will check with Eric Steele on the status.
- Google Summer of Code - Cris has been sending emails to mentors and students as we are in the beginning phases as the students and mentors are getting to know each other. GSOC will officially start late next week.
- Communications/Marketing team meeting - Kim and Paul met about the delegation of work to be done by people that have contributed or said that they would help.
- PloneConf 2017 - They have their first sponsor! The organizers are figuring out how to handle payment submissions from sponsors. Paul reminded us of how the Bucharest Conference handled payments through the Plone Foundation. The organizers will discuss the options with Paul.
Kim moved to adjourn, Chrissy seconded
Meeting adjourned at 19:44 UTC