Minutes for March 23, 2017

Meeting called to order at 21:05 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Carol Ganz, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Philip BauerAbsent: None

Approval of the minutes of March 9

Victor moved to approve, Phililp secondedUnanimously Approved

Action Items

  • Kim still has not heard back from the admin team about the various Plone domains

Incoming Correspondence

  • Contributor Agreements - Paul fixed the instructions about how to sign a contributor agreement.
  • Travel Reimbursement - Tres Seaver will receive a reimbursement for part of his travel expenses to the Halle Zope Resurrection Sprint.

New Business

  • Plone Foundation Projects - We received a request from a particular group asking if their project could be considered as covered under the Plone Foundation, while being separate from the Plone codebase. We are open to the idea, but need to spend time gathering information for what all this change would involve, including the legal ramifications and monetary handling. We will talk to organizations like the Apache Foundation and Free Software Foundation Europe to help get more information. Also a discussion will likely happen at PLOG. We will begin the initial due diligence phase, there will be many discussions, and the eventual final decision would need to be made by the Plone Foundation members.

Continued Business

  • PLOG Prep - Working on finding a t-shirt printer. Started a document with agenda items, which is coming along nicely.
  • Plone 5.1 Planning - Not much activity. Working on getting the documentation part set up. Need to come up with a Marketing plan.  Market as ongoing enhancement. No super major end user changes.
  • World Plone Day - Content rules are in place on plone.org for new World Plone Day events.
  • GSOC - Cris Ewing will join our next meeting to discuss.

Review Ongoing

  • Software Engineering Class - students have submitted their proposals. Windows Installer, Badge System, Plone Theme, Accessibility Compliance Check.
  • Sponsorship - Kim will be taking care of the sponsorship list to work on getting it into good shape.
  • Trainer Team Meeting will be happening early next month.
  • PyWeb - expecting 250 people, limit of 300.
  • EuroPython - we will have a booth.
  • PloneConf2017 - making good progress, have had meetings with potential sponsors.

Alexander moved to adjourn, Chrissy secondedUnanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 22:00 UTC