Minutes for January 12, 2017

Note: There was no meeting December 29.

Meeting called to order at 20:18 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Philip Bauer, Carol Ganz (for the first half)Absent: none

Approval of the minutes of December 15

Alexander moved to approve, Victor secondedUnanimously Approved

Action Items

  • Philip and Kim are working on updating the wording on the installers section of plone.org for adding the Vagrant installer
  • Budget still in progress

Incoming Correspondence

  • FOSSASIA Summit - Matthew Wilkes forwarded information on this open tech gathering happening in Singapore in March. Paul might be attending.
  • Wontfix Cabal - Eric Steele requested to attend this "unconference". Paul has replied that Eric can choose which events he attends from his stipend without Board approval.

New Business

  • Event funding request from PyCon Phillippines - We will not sponsor unless we have some Plone representation present. Paul will be contacting a couple people to check if they plan on attending.
  • Event funding request for Plone Sylhet Meetup - Paul Bolaram requested $260 for this event in Bangladesh, which we approved via email, since the event was January 6.
  • Policy Review on financial agent for events - [ executive session ]
  • Salesforce Grants - The Plone Foundation already had a Salesforce account with the appropriate licenses, we just needed to recover the account
  • World Plone Day 2017 - A question came up as to whether or not there will be a World Plone Day this year. It has always been a bit sporadic and not worldwide. We decided we will advertise on plone.org. Kim will start contacting various people and post on the forum. If someone is interested in having a local event, they can advertise it on plone.org.

Continued Business

  • Membership Committee - Philip sent an email asking for suggesting for new members, and they have a couple prospects. Philip will have the full list ready for the next meeting so they can be confirmed with a vote.
  • Roadmap Document - Ready for publication, with the addition of a note that it is an ever-developing document, and not set in stone. Kim will publish.
  • PLOG Preparation - The hotel has confirmed all the arrangements. Fulvio is in touch with the manager. They have a few registrations so far. Need to do more advertising.

Review Ongoing

  • The Security Hoax -  The Security Team was informed of the hoax Dec 25. The team did a great job of looking into all of the claims to debunk the hoax. Thank you to Nathan and Matthew for the great work they did, as well as everyone else that jumped in and helped. https://plone.org/news/plones-outstanding-security-track-record
  • Plone Conference 2017 - The website has been launched! https://2017.ploneconf.org
  • Midsummer Sprint Jyväskylä 2017 - July 3-7 in Finland, space for 20 people. Working on UX http://www.coactivate.org/projects/midsummer-sprint-2017/project-home
  • Amazon Smile - Kim brought up the fact you can submit money to Plone via Amazon Smile
  • Plone sponsorships - Kim will send invoices to companies he hasn't heard from
  • PyCon 2017 - need to start thinking about preparations
  • Article in German magazine - Alexander showed us an article about Plone that has been printed about Plone, it is 8 pages long. http://screengui.de/33/plone
  • Drupal Camp - Alexander did a talk on various CMSs (including Plone), and had a lots of good discussions afterwards

Alexander moved to adjourn, Chrissy secondedUnanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 21:58 UTC