Minutes for February 23, 2017

Meeting called to order at 20:12 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Carol Ganz, Víctor Fernández de AlbaAbsent: Philip Bauer

Approval of the minutes of February 9

Alexander moved to approve, Paul secondedUnanimously Approved

Action Items

  • Google App Engine - Carol did not hear back from AI team. No action will be taken.
  • Euro Python - Paul has started on the registration, but details are still being finalized with the conference.

New Business

  • Zope 2 Resurrection Sprint - Requested $600 for a Strategic Sprint. Alexander moved to approve up to $1500, which is standard for a small strategic sprint. Chrissy seconded. Unanimously approved. Alexander will reply to the request.
  • PyCamp India - Requested sponsorship. We will decline since this is a Python specific event without Plone, and they should have no problem getting sponsorship. Paul will reply.
  • Plone 5.1 - Discussed marketing plan for Plone 5.1, the beta will be released soon. Kim will take care of demos and news items.
  • Domain Names - Alexander had a question about multiple domain names that we own, and can we have them link to plone.org or plone.com? Kim will contact the AI team about putting redirects in place.

Continued Business

  • PLOG - Currently at 17 registrants, would be nice to have a few more. Kim will push for more marketing type people that can attend and help (it's not just for developers!). There will be a prep meeting next week.
  • OSI Board Elections - https://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Main/OSI+Board+of+Directors/Board+Member+Elections/2017_election. By the next board, meeting, we will choose which affiliate we will vote for.
  • CMS Garden Membership Renewal - has been sent to Jen, she will take care of it
  • World Plone Day - Kim will continue to advertise.

Review Ongoing

  • PyCon US - Sticking with the Security theme. Kim will create a news item about Plone at PyCon
  • Software Engineering Class - Kim posted an update on the forum (https://community.plone.org/t/report-on-uw-oshkosh-computer-science-software-engineering-ii-class-progress/3508). They have ideas for things to work on, like an Accessibility Checker, and a Windows Installer. They have another 5 weeks of the class, and another 7 weeks to complete their project. Paul recommended a project of how to present add-ons in an appealing way.

Alexander moved to adjourn, Carol secondedUnanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 21:08 UTC