Minutes for February 23, 2017
Meeting called to order at 20:12 UTC
Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Carol Ganz, Víctor Fernández de Alba
Absent: Philip Bauer
Approval of the minutes of February 9
Alexander moved to approve, Paul seconded
- Google App Engine - Carol did not hear back from AI team. No action will be taken.
- Euro Python - Paul has started on the registration, but details are still being finalized with the conference.
- Zope 2 Resurrection Sprint - Requested $600 for a Strategic Sprint. Alexander moved to approve up to $1500, which is standard for a small strategic sprint. Chrissy seconded. Unanimously approved. Alexander will reply to the request.
- PyCamp India - Requested sponsorship. We will decline since this is a Python specific event without Plone, and they should have no problem getting sponsorship. Paul will reply.
- Plone 5.1 - Discussed marketing plan for Plone 5.1, the beta will be released soon. Kim will take care of demos and news items.
- Domain Names - Alexander had a question about multiple domain names that we own, and can we have them link to plone.org or plone.com? Kim will contact the AI team about putting redirects in place.
- PLOG - Currently at 17 registrants, would be nice to have a few more. Kim will push for more marketing type people that can attend and help (it's not just for developers!). There will be a prep meeting next week.
- OSI Board Elections - https://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Main/OSI+Board+of+Directors/Board+Member+Elections/2017_election. By the next board, meeting, we will choose which affiliate we will vote for.
- CMS Garden Membership Renewal - has been sent to Jen, she will take care of it
- World Plone Day - Kim will continue to advertise.
- PyCon US - Sticking with the Security theme. Kim will create a news item about Plone at PyCon
- Software Engineering Class - Kim posted an update on the forum (https://community.plone.org/t/report-on-uw-oshkosh-computer-science-software-engineering-ii-class-progress/3508). They have ideas for things to work on, like an Accessibility Checker, and a Windows Installer. They have another 5 weeks of the class, and another 7 weeks to complete their project. Paul recommended a project of how to present add-ons in an appealing way.
Alexander moved to adjourn, Carol seconded
Meeting adjourned at 21:08 UTC