Brazilian Plone Evangelist, co-founder of Simples Consultoria, two time organizer of Plone Symposium South America (2009 and 2011) and current board member.
Why am I Interested?
I've been promoting Plone in the Brazilian market for the past 8 years and during that time I gave talks, training classes, wrote code, translated documentation, organized events and also deployed Plone solutions ranging from short-lived blogs to very successful news portals. Even after two years serving the Foundation Board I think I still have much to offer to the Foundation and to the Plone Community.
What I can add to the Plone Foundation
- Continued dedication to the Board
- 17 years of IT marketing -- and evangelism.
- Experience in developing a local Plone community, where most of our members speak only our own language
- Knowledge about cultural aspects of selling Plone on different vertical markets -- from government to media corporations
- An ability to communicate ideas to different audiences and bring people together to achieve common goals
2004 - 2013 Plone Report
Over the years I've been very active in the Brazilian Python and Plone communities:
- Co-founder of Associação Python Brasil
- Maintainer and Editor of TcheZope (Brazilian Zope Community) during 2007
- Plone Speaker at tech conferences:
- PythonBrasil , ,  and 
- Jornadas de Software Libre 2007 (Argentina)
- FISL 5, 6, 12, 13 and 14
- CONSEGI 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Solisc 2011
- Europython 2012
- PyConAr 3 and 4
- PyConUY 2012
- PyConVE 2012
- Latinoware 2008
- Plone Conf 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Organized World Plone Day São Paulo in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012
- Organized the first and third Plone Symposium South America (2009, 2011)
- Maintainer / Developer (sc.social.bookmarks, sc.social.like, sc.contentrules.*, Products.ATGoogleVideo)
- Translator (Plone, PloneFormGen, PloneBooking)
- Foundation member since 2010
- Presented the runner-up proposal for the Plone Conference 2011
Prior to my entrepreneurship journey with Simples Consultoria I’ve worked at Grupo Abril, second largest media company in the country, and at Microsoft Brasil, as marketing evangelist.
Names of the Plone Foundation who second my nomination
- Giuseppe Romagnoli
- Paul Roeland
- Steve McMahon