My "day job" is Director of Web Services at ONE/Northwest, where we build Plone-powered websites and other bits of technology that help environmental organizations create more effective civic engagement.
I've been an active and committed member of the Plone community since 2005.
In the past two years:
- I served on the Plone Foundation board in 2007-2008 as Vice President and Secretary. I've done a bunch of work to help clean up and modernize the Foundation bylaws, drive the Plone.net project forward, reorganize the 2009 conference selection process and more. I've made 95% of the scheduled board meetings. :-)
- Along with Alex Limi, I designed and facilitated the first-ever Plone Strategic Planning Summit in February 2008.
- I was the lead organizer of Plone Conference 2006 in Seattle, and am active in the Seattle Plone Users Group.
- I've written several chapters of the upcoming book "Practical Plone."
If re-elected to the board, I hope to:
- Continue developing our community-wide strategic planning processes
- Relaunch Plone.net as a vehicle for generating sponsorship revenue for the Foundation (we are actually very close to being ready to do this!)
- Make substantial investments in professional-quality marketing materials for Plone
- Continue to increase the Plone Foundation's activity level, transparency and accountability.
Thanks to a grant ONE/Northwest has received from the Meyer Memorial Trust, the goal of which is to continue harnessing Plone, Salesforce and related tools into an even more powerful platform for civic engagement, a portion of my time in 2009 is available for Plone community stewardship work. :-)
Nomination seconded by:
Steve McMahon, Geir Bækholt