Plone Foundation Board for 2012-2013
- Paul Roeland (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - President - Open source activist and tech coordinator for several non-profits. Currently working for the , past involvements include Friends of the Earth, a film festival, and a range of events with the wider ICT4D and Opendata movements.This is Paul's second term on the board.
- Érico Andrei (São Paulo, Brazil) - Vice President - Érico is CEO and co-founder of Simples Consultoria, a content management company based in São Paulo, Brazil. Being very active in Python and Plone evangelism in Brazil, Érico has organized two Plone Symposium South America (2009 and 2011), chaired PythonBrasil (the Brazilian PyCon) and co-founded Associação Python Brasil as well as serving as their first Marketing Director. This is Érico's second term on the board.
- Steve McMahon (Sacramento, CA, USA) - Secretary - Steve is a partner in Reid-McMahon, LLC, a Plone consultancy specializing in work with non profits. He also does extensive volunteer work with the Davis Community Network, which hosts no-cost Plone sites for over 100 regional organizations. This will be Steve's fifth term on the Board, and fourth as Secretary.
- Elizabeth Leddy (Berkeley, USA ) - Elizabeth is an independent Plone consultant and has done python web application development and deployment in a variety of frameworks for over 9 years in industries such as upper education, intelligence research and development, healthcare IT, and knowledge management. She is a member of the Plone 4.X Framework Team and hosted the 2011 Plone Conference in San Francisco. She can also be seen locally teaching Python web development classes at Noisebridge hacker space in San Francisco.This is Liz's first term on the board.
- Matthew Wilkes (Bristol, UK) - Matt splits his time between working as an independent Plone/Pyramid freelancer and as a director at The Code Distillery, where he works on security and performance for web applications. He is a member of the 4.x framework team and the Zope and Plone security teams. This is Matthew's first term on the board.
- Matt Hamilton (Bristol, UK) - Technical Director at , a Plone development company based in Bristol, UK. He is generally involved in Plone consulting on scalability, authentication and integration of Plone in the Enterprise. He organised the Plone performance sprint in Bristol in 2008. Matt also served on the founding board of the Plone Foundation. This is Matt's sixth term on the board.
- Carol Ganz (Fortville Indiana, USA) - Plone business specialist and evangelist with a serious customer-service focus. Working for since 2008, she started as Project Manager, moved to Director of Hosting Services, and now works with marketing and account management teams as the Director of Business Development. This is Carol's second term on the board.
- Leonardo J. Caballero G. (Mérida, Venezuela) - Leonardo is a Technical Director at Conectivo. He is a partner of PloneGov communities such as CommunesPlone in Belgium, Interlegis in Brazilian Federal Senate. He is also a co-founder of the Venezuelan Plone community and a technical reviewer of Packt's"Plone Intranet". Also he is Open source activist and contributor for several projects like Opencore Software (used in the CoActivate.org website) and Canaima GNU/Linux (a Debian-based GNU/Linux distribution from Venezuelan government).
- Virginia Choy (Australia) - Founder/Business Development Manager at PretaWeb, a company offering PretaGov Plone SaaS and Plone development since 2004. Virginia's main professional interest is to drive the use of open source technologies within government so tax payers' funds are used more efficiently. Based in Sydney, Australia she has given presentations in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia promoting Plone to governments. This is her first appointment as a Plone Foundation Advisor.
- Roché Compaan (Stellenbosch, South Africa) - Roché Compaan is the founder and director of Upfront Systems, a Zope and Plone development company in Stellenbosch, South Africa that has been supporting and promoting Zope and Plone since 2001.
- Alexander Loechel (Munich; Germany) - Alexander is head of the Internet department of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich. Since 2004 he works with Plone and related technologies. He has done several projects for universities, nonprofit organizations and governmental institutions. Alexander was one of the organizing team of the “Plone Konferenz 2012 Munich”. His focus is on connecting academic institutions in the web world.
- Manabu Terada (Tokyo,Japan) - a.k.a. terapyon - Manabu is the founder and the CEO of CMS communications Inc. a Tokyo based professional Plone and Python development company. He is a contributor of eastern asia language functions in Plone, and has been in chairman of PyCon JP 2011 & 2012, also chairman of PyCon APAC in JP 2013. And Guest Associate Professor of Hitotsubashi University in 2011. As well as a core member of Plone Users Group Japan.
- Suresh V. (India) - Suresh is Chief Programmer at Grafware! He has been involved in evangelizing the use of Plone in both corporate and community settings and developing several add-ons for Plone and Ploneboard.
You can email the entire board at:
board [at] plone.org