Plone Tune-Up Days Recap 1
Plone Tune-Up Days are running every third Friday of the month, and here is a short summary of the progress so far.
Plone Tune-Up is about working on Plone issues, together, online. Programming, documentation, marketing, infrastructure, learning Plone, content creation, discussions - all can be done during the day, whenever it suits you in your specific time zone.
Plone Tune-Up August 2023
The first Tune-Up hosted 9 participants who worked on different topics. There was work on:
- Plone marketing, like social media posts and news items
- Development, opened and closed some PR's, like
- Closed ticket as this PR was merged back in February: https://github.com/plone/plone.org/issues/79 [Fosten]
Closed https://github.com/plone/plone.org/issues/108 as a duplicate of #98 [davisagli]
- Closed https://github.com/plone/plone.org/issues/98 as completed [davisagli]
- Reviewed PR https://github.com/plone/documentation/pull/1465 and made some improvements. [MrTango]
- Training update: Mastering Plone Development: Restructured advanced topic “voting story (add-on training.votable with custom REST API endpoint, consume it in Volto)”
https://github.com/plone/training/pull/706/files merged! See https://training.plone.org/mastering-plone/voting-story/index.html [ksuess]
Plone Tune-Up September 2023
The September edition had 7 participants. This resulted in:
- Content: Plone.org content improvements
- Work on updating plone.de and 2023.ploneconf.org with the newest Plone and Volto versions we used
- Release team meeting
- New Plone Newsroom recording
- Discussions and work on Plone accessibility
- Get started - documentation for developers
Plone Tune-Up October 2023
The October event had 8 participants throughout the day and lots of excitement after the very successful Plone Conference 2023.
The work resulted in:
- Feedback form for the Conference
- Added Plone/components to Netlify to build its storybook: https://plone-components.netlify.app/
- Wrote documentation for how to add a site to Netlify for preview builds. https://github.com/plone/documentation/pull/1551
- Discord admin stuff
- Plone.org content improvements
- Plone.org theme fixing
- PR to update the readme with steps to create the db https://github.com/plone/plone.org/pull/146
- Learning to fix bugs on plone.org theme
- Kanban board for issues
- and much more
Join the next Tune Up on November 17th 2023!
If you want to contribute in any way, pop up to the next Tune Up on November 17th!