Plone Foundation Board Minutes May 2, 2024

Meeting starts at 20:06 UTC.


Present: Martin Peeters, Brian Davis, Paul Roeland, Guido Stevens, Eric Brehault. Kim Paulissen and Mikel Larreategi are excused.


Approval of the minutes of April 18th

Guido moves to approve, Eric seconds. Unanimously approved.

Check if action items were followed up

Follow up on Framework team - Mikel Larreategi: Mikel is excused.

Contact People about Zope Foundation Funds - Martin Peeters: no news for now.

Incoming correspondence

Maurits van Rees has sent a mail about maintainer stipends and sprint budgets. See new business.

Steve Piercy has sent a mail about alterntive sources of funding for the Plone documentation effort. See new business.

New Business

Process for payment requests

The payment process was never formalized (usually, the treasurer asks the President, and if they are not available, the Vice-President). We had few errors during the last year (incorrect amounts were paid 2 times) and it would be useful to set up a more formal process. Guido offers to be the liaison between the treasurer and the board to review the payment requests before they are sent. The board agrees.

Maintainer stipends and sprint budgets

When a maintainer assists in a sprint, it is easier in terms of budget management if they use their maintainer stipends rather than using the sprint budget. Maurits can pay for his share of expenses during the sprint, and be reimbursed by the treasurer. The board agrees. Guido will contact Maurits.

Alternative sources of funding for the Plone documentation effort

Since the Plone foundation proposal was rejected by Google Season of Docs, the board suggests we could offer some nice gifts to the people who contribute to the documentation (like limited edition t-shirts, or other goodies). We could also explore the usage of crowdfunding. Brian will reach out to Steve Piercy to discuss this further and bring the topic to the next marketing meeting.

Continued Business

Google Summer of Code 2024: our 3 projects have been accepted by the GSoC organization.

Plone Conference 2024: the meeting has been postponed to next week.

Sponsorship program: Erico could not assist to the current meeting. Martin will define a date for a meeting with Erico and Guido.

Membership Committee renewal: Paul could not work on this topic. He will discuss with T.Kim Nguyen next week.

Zope Foundation Funds: no news.

Guido moves to adjourn the meeting, Martin seconds the motion. Unanimously approved.
Meeting adjourned at 20:49 UTC.