Plone Foundation Board Minutes May 27, 2021

Meeting called to order at 19:00 UTC



Present: Chrissy Wainwright, William Fennie, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland,  Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba, Jens Klein


Action Items

  • x

Incoming Correspondence

  • Move to Discord from Gitter

    • Discussion on

New Business

  • Plone Conference

    • Chrissy's email summarized:

      • Organizers aren't sure that we can have it in person due to COVID related contingencies

      • Organizers want to host 2022 in person

    • It seems best to do it online this year, with Plone Foundation organizing and implementing conference

    • Hybrid is tough to coordinate

    • 2022 will be an amazing Plone conf!

    • Erico motions for 2021 to be online, William seconded

      • the saddest ayes, unanimously approved

    • Sorrento please everyone go!

    • [Executive Session]

  • Hotfix 


     Security team coordination

    • Mauritus did an amazing job coordinating

    • The Plone Foundation thanks you for your efforts!

    • Zope typically generates new packages not usually hotfixes

      • Zope culture is slightly different from Plone
      • Now single security team for Plone and Zope, better coordination is required
      • Zope team needs to be made aware of upcoming hotfixes, they have been added to the security team communication checklist
    • Security hotfix testing needs to be better organized, Chrissy will work with 6FU to provide testing sites
    • Security Team overview and review

      • Will Plone 6 with more JS, REST API need more specialized security folks
      • Volto team will help respond, maybe some of our community can become more involved
      • Andy will talk to Guillotina team to gauge interest
  • @collective namespace in NPM is taken, but with 0 packages

    • Victor will inquire if there's some willingness to provide that namespace

Continued Business

  • Andy is still kicking the can down the road re: revamping the contributor agreement

Review Ongoing

  • Marketing Team report

    • Plone 6 naming is hard, topic for PLOG maybe
    • We are missing ~60% of languages in Plone 6
    • Volto has been translated to 11-12 languages
    • New leader for I18N team lead, Mikel should be involved
    • Can we revamp translations, modernize them maybe?

      • Transifex,,

Andy moved to adjourn, Erico seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 20:03 UTC