Plone Foundation Board Minutes July 8, 2021
Meeting called to order at 19:03 UTC
Present: Chrissy Wainwright, William Fennie, Erico Andrei, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba, Jens Klein, Paul Roeland
Approval of the minutes of June 24, 2021
Jens moved to approve, Victor seconded
- LoudSwarm contract was signed
William put together a letter of recommendation for Rodrigo
- we are getting the letterhead together, Paul will check then we can contact Jen if needed
- will send this week
Andy moved bylaws to markdown
- links for TOC point to google docs, will be fixed
Erico tested Helios - success!
- system was reviewed by board members
- has been renewed for 2 yr period
Companies paying for employee Plone time
how can we honor the people who do work that directly impacts the community as a whole
- e.g. security team, sponsorships, accounting, docs, AI team, plone.org design, marketing
- they don't directly benefit from the work they contribute
- how does the Board measure this?
- list companies that support Plone, but this would not be an "in-kind" sponsorship?
- include logos/company name in the team listing along with the person's name?
profile pages for people for next iteration of plone.org, could include company info there
- this has been floated previously, but effort faded without results
- maybe a thank you page instead?
once a month news item posts thanking people/companies for their efforts?
- marketing team would have to take this on
- separate page for nominations/self-nominations for efforts behind the scenes, maybe as part of the marketing once-a-month spotlight news items?
- nominations can be part of steering circle agenda also
- consensus lands on the spotlight idea
- Erico and Sally are having ongoing discussions
- Everyone Jens has talked to wants to go - maybe a 2nd hotel!? :)
- Plone 6 is a great topic here
- Plog is a good forum for keeping the community on the same page
- [Executive Session]
Erico moved to adjourn, Jens seconded
Meeting adjourned at 19:46 UTC