Plone Foundation Board Minutes April 1, 2021

Meeting called to order at 19:03 UTC



Present:Chrissy Wainwright, William Fennie, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Jens Klein, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba


Approval of the minutes of March 18, 2021

Erico moved to approve, Jens seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • x

Incoming Correspondence

  • x

New Business

  • Branch renaming on GitHub

    • script has been started

    • plan is:

      • test on private repos

      • warn on

      • run script on a subset of repos

      • a bit unclear if renaming works via API calls

  • FSF recent actions

    • [Executive Session]

Continued Business

  • x

Review Ongoing

  • Steering Circle Meeting coming up April 20, invite url has been fixed
  • Marketing will communicate with community to solicit questions
  • Paul & Sally discussed PLOG:

    • working with hotel to get a situation report

      • is it possible to have PLOG
    • initial topic list could include upgrade to volto/plone 6
    • more meetings!
    • end of Sept is probably the earliest date
  • Marketing is pushing Plone Conf videos on Twitter
  • Erico made a video of his demo, split into short features:

    • features of Plone
    • Plone in Docker
    • He will post a new one every week
    • Get Brazil back on Plone
  • OSI will redo their vote for their election

    • Found a bug in their process, we will vote for the same candidate
  • World Plone Day

    • status

      • we have yes's, but less follow through
      • Erico has been keeping up with this
      • we need good presentations!

        • maybe use videos from Plone Conf as fill ins
        • PyWeb Conf has some good ones also!
        • 10 - 30 - 60 mins slots available
        • Paul will you provide Plone: Glamour Shots - dressing up your Plone
        • Jens - authentication: LDAP or ..., intro to OSS/Plone for a non-technical, in German
        • Victor and Timo - Victor has content at the ready
    • we need more presentations!
  • Kim will interview Paul for Radio Free Plone on Saturday April 3
  • Plone 6 Micro Sprint went well

    • discussed issues, new editor in core, there is a plan now
    • more micro sprints are needed

Andy moved to adjourn, Erico seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:37 UTC