Plone Foundation Board Minutes October 22, 2020

by Andy Leeb published 2020/11/05 20:08:38 GMT+0, last modified 2020-11-05T20:08:38+00:00

Meeting called to order at 19:00 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Chrissy Wainwright, Fulvio Casali, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland,  Jens Klein, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of October 8, 2020

Paul moved to approve, Erico seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • x

Incoming Correspondence

  • x

New Business

  • Membership approval
    • New member application unanimously approved for Mikel Larreategi
    • Andy will send welcome email, Paul will add him to the mailing list
    • News Item will be posted after notification
  • Funding request
    • Red Turtle requesting $600 USD for marketing, Paul motions to approve, Jens seconds, unanimously approved

Continued Business

  • Plone Conference 2020
    • 34 talk proposals, Guillotina, Volto included but no Zope or Pyramid yet
    • Panel proposal for editing content Barcelonetta vs Volto
    • We need to get more talk proposals!
    • Python Foundation grant submission deadline looms, we will need a schedule of talks as part of the application
    • Sponsorship page is up
    • [Executive Session]
  • Renewal cycle
    • Renewal team will begin efforts on this in the upcoming weeks
  • Zope Domain
    • Lawyers are working on it
    • A key actor has been identified as still among the living, and contact has been initiated, waiting on response
    • legacy buildouts may be impacted if the domain becomes unregistered
  • review ongoing

Review Ongoing

  • sponsorship request and logo is being sorted
  • AI Team - new member, merge with testing team is complete
    • jenkins needs some attention, transitioning is an on-going process
  • contributor agreement discussion
  • legacy server too expensive and specs are a few years out of date
    • 2 accounts with Hetzner:
      • Zope
      • Jenkins
    • these should likely be combined, AI team will work on this in the next calendar year
  • 2005 picture anyone have one?

Paul moved to adjourn, Erico seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 19:59 UTC