Plone Foundation Board Minutes January 16, 2020

by Andy Leeb published 2020/01/30 20:22:35 GMT+0, last modified 2020-01-30T20:22:35+00:00

Meeting called to order at 20:06 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Chrissy Wainwright, Fulvio Casali, Andy Leeb,  Jens Klein, Erico Andrei, Victor Fernandez de Alba

Absent:

Approval of the minutes of January 02, 2020

Andy moved to approve, Paul seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • Insurance for events has not been updated on plone [dot] org

Incoming Correspondence

  • OSI Elections
    • Chrissy has contacted OSI to transfer email to us
    • president at plone dot org alias should still work
    • nominations are available, elections are open in March
  • Funding request was inadvertently deleted, but it was for a php conference so no big loss there

New Business

  • Alpine City Sprint funding request
    • is designated strategic
    • 3000 requested, Erico motioned, Jens seconded, unanimously approved
  • Release manager update
    • everyone agrees this is a good plan to have multiple release managers
    • travel stipend instead of lump sum 
    • expected security releases on 4.x 
    • Paul motioned, Andy seconded, all in favor
    • Zope Volto and Guillotina release manager should be a separate discussion
  • Appoint Ambassadors
    • only one left, Paul will send email again
    • feedback from one who was asked: may not be necessary, nor do they speak in one voice all have different needs
      • ambassador would not be required to form consensus
    • News Item is being sent to marketing team
  • Relicensing policy
    • No new updates
  • 2020 Budget
    • No new updates

Continued Business

  • Zope integration process
    • Erico will present a new membership plan at the next meeting
  • review ongoing

Review Ongoing

  • GSoC is opened, Paul posted on community [dot] plone [dot] org
    • wealth of artifacts from previous seasons
    • we are in need of some volunteers for this
  • Plone Conf 2020 prep meeting
    • team is participating
    • Paul may join when he's available
  • PyCon
    • booth is secured
    • materials from last year will be reused
  • EuroPython
    • we will likely have a booth
    • in Dublin this year
  • [Executive Session]

Paul moved to adjourn, Erico seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 20:56 UTC