Plone Foundation Board Minutes February 27, 2020

Meeting called to order at 20:06 UTC

Continued Business

  • review ongoing


  • attendance

  • approval of the minutes of Feb 13 + check if action items were followed up 

  • incoming correspondence

    • Funding request for Plone-Tagung


Present: Chrissy Wainwright, Fulvio Casali, Andy Leeb,  Erico Andrei, Victor Fernandez de Alba, Paul Roeland

Absent: Jens Klein

Approval of the minutes of Plone Foundation Board Minutes February 13, 2020

Erico moved to approve, Paul seconded

Unanimously Approved

Incoming Correspondence

  • Beethoven Sprint - Erico motioned to approve $4000, Andy seconded. Victor abstained, motion approved. Victor will talk to sprint organizers.
  • Plone-Tagung 2020 - Paul motioned to approve $1300, Erico seconded. unanimously approved
  • Python Web Conf (IndyPy) - Paul motioned to approve $1500, Erico seconded. unanimously approved. Chrissy will talk to Six Feet Up about the amount.
  • GitHub sponsorship - basically allows a tip-jar where money will end up in Plone Foundation. Paul filled out application, program is out of beta.

    • Plone security repository is separate from Plone Foundation. Repos were frozen due to billing, but its been fixed.

New Business

  • Budget 2020

    • Chrissy, Fulvio worked with other budget team members to finalize

    • Paul motioned, Erico seconded. Unanimously approved. Budget passes!

  • DragonPy

    • Gold level sponsorship, $1500

    • Plone will have a presence there

    • General assessment is that its a good opportunity

    • Erico motioned, Chrissy seconded. Unanimously approved.

    • March 12 Note: DragonPy has been moved to September

  • GSOC Update

    • Not selected this time around, not much community engagement

    • In thru PSF?

      • Victor may have a person to do it
      • Maybe we'll take a break from it this year, regroup for next year. 
  • Relicensing Policy

    • Paul put up a PR to relicense Volto as MIT instead of BSD. MIT & BSD are functionally identical. 

    • Both can co-exist, this allows MIT licensing an option.

    • Andy motions, Victor seconds. Unanimously approved.

    • Victor will contact project owners

  • Updates from Marketing Team

    • operational

      • will meet every two weeks on thursdays

      • shutting down marketing slack, moving to main

      • fulvio will be liaison to marketing team

Review Ongoing

  • PLOG

    • full! 21 registered with their +1's
    • extra two are wanting to come also
    • [Executive Session]
    • March 12 Note: PLOG is in process of being rescheduled

  • Volto 4 is almost done!
  • Mail provider has stopped the free 10K emails a month (Mailgun). Cost may go up to $7/mo. Community has been cleaned up (spam accounts), new accounts must be approved. Wait a couple months, reassess after that. $10/mo is our threshold for decision.

Fulvio moved to adjourn, Erico seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 20:54 UTC