Plone Foundation Board Minutes April 23, 2020
Meeting called to order at 19:06 UTC
Present: Chrissy Wainwright, Fulvio Casali, Erico Andrei, Paul Roeland, Andy Leeb, Victor Fernandez de Alba, Jens Klein
Approval of the minutes of April 09, 2020
Paul moved to approve, Victor seconded
- Renewing Sponsorship from Starzel
AI Team request for funds
LastPass requires subscription, currently using a personal one from previous AI team member
- Will ease onboarding of new AI team members
- Prefer to do a short term month to month if possible until we can get a permanent OSS self hosted solutions
- Alternatives are being explored, but would require more maintenance overhead, but we'd control it
- Andy motions for LastPass month to month, Erico seconds - unanimously approved, no abstentions
- Thank You Six Feet Up for hosting dist [dot] plone [dot] org!!
GitHub Sponsors Status
Paul will continue to work with GitHub to waive fees for the Foundation
Plone Conf 2020
Concern surrounding conference prep
Paul spoke to them, if no covid-19 crisis, then it could be a go!
Conference organizers have been in touch with municipal and university
Should we consider a hybrid conference also?
Streaming option, PF can leverage other online streaming conferences for guidance
Chrissy will send message to conf organizers with options
- Python web and IT community onboarding program: vocational orientation for young people, Jens has submitted paperwork! Will help usher younger folks into Plone. A nice coalition of EU Plone development companies helped to get this done!
Plone 6 remote sprint is ongoing - Jens and Victor
- 9a 5p CST standups
- image scaling is getting some improvements, Volto and more!
- Possible Zope 5 release
- Working well! Online sprints are viable
- Community is continuing work on Zope/Plone, Python 3 adoption was not the end point!
- Jens will generate a News Item about this
Victor moved to adjourn, Jens seconded
Meeting adjourned at 19:41 UTC