Plone Foundation Board Minutes for November 7, 2019
Meeting called to order at 20:06 UTC
Present: Paul Roeland, Chrissy Wainwright, Erico Andrei, Victor Fernandez de Alba, Fulvio Casali, Jens Klein, Andy Leeb
Approval of the minutes of October 10
Erico moved to approve, Andy seconded
Minutes from the Annual Meeting need to be cleaned up, we will work on that and approve them at the next meeting
Selection of Officers
- Andy nominated Paul to be the President, Fulvio seconded.
- A discussion ensued about Paul having been the president for quite some time, and that he would like to allow someone else to become President. Paul offered to be the Vice President, and recommended Chrissy be the President, if she was willing.
- Erico nominated Chrissy to be the President, Jens seconded. Unanimously approved
- Chrissy nominated Paul as Vice President, Erico seconded. Unanimously approved
- Erico nominated Andy as secretary, Victor seconded. Unanimously approved
Paul continued to chair the remainder of the meeting, while Chrissy took the notes. New roles will be in place for the next meeting.
Appointment of Treasurer
Andy nominated Jennifer Myers as Treasurer, Erico seconded. Unanimously approved.
Jen had previously agreed to continue as Treasurer. Thank you to Jen for the years she has been putting in, it is always appreciated, and she does a great job!
It is a rule that the Marketing Chair also be a member of the board. Erico offered to be the chair.
Jens nominated Erico, Victor seconded. Unanimously approved.
Kim will continue to help, but Erico is the official chair.
It is not official that we have liaisons, but we tend to appoint board members to teams to relay any concerns and to have representation / a point person for the team.
- Framework - Chrissy
- Frontend - Victor
- Education - no one for now. May be part of an ambassadors discussion, to happen at a future meeting.
- Security - Jens
- Guillotina - Andy
- Subcommittee for Updating our Contribute License Agreement - Paul and Andy
- Zope team - to be formulated, Jens to be point person
- Membership Committee - Erico to chair, and to work on updating the committee to include the various teams (Guillotina, Zope)
Discussion of Priorities
Each member's plans of what they would like to see happen in the next year (Executive Session)
- Zope integration - Paul and Matthew Wilkes will be meeting to discuss next week, there will be a proposal for how to integrate the Zope members to be Plone Foundation members.
- [ Executive Session ]
Jens moved to adjourn, Andy seconded
Meeting adjourned at 21:14 UTC