Minutes for October 25, 2018

by Chrissy Wainwright published 2018/11/20 19:13:13 GMT+0, last modified 2018-11-20T19:13:13+00:00

Meeting called to order at 14:17 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Carol Ganz, Philip Bauer, Chrissy Wainwright (joined late)

Absent: Víctor Fernández de Alba, Kim Nguyen (excused)

Approval of the minutes of October 11

Carol moved to approve, Philip seconded

Unanimously Approved

New Business

  • plone.no - Geir Bækholt is to manage the plone.no domain renewals and submit to Foundation for payment annually. Norwegian law only allows Norwegian organizations to manage .no domains, so it cannot be transferred to the Foundation.
  • Annual General Meeting - Paul will prep for the meeting. Jen will be working on reports next week, and Carol will support Paul as needed.
  • 2019 Plone Conference - We have not yet had any proposals submitted. Paul will follow up with potential organizers. We did have a group verbally say that they were interested in hosting.

Continued Business

  • PloneConf Tokyo 2018 - The conference has gained some new sponsors in the last couple weeks. More ticket sales would still be helpful. There will be another organization call next Monday.
  • Board Renewal Cycle - We have 7 nominations in, and are not expecting any others (that we know of). Nominations are open until next Wednesday, October 31.
  • Plone 5.2 - making great progress! Carol will write a summary based on Philip's blog post for plone.org

Review Ongoing

  • Membership renewals need to be completed by October 31! Chrissy will send out reminders.
  • There will be a pre-event at the conference Monday evening, November 5. It will feature short, informal sessions discussing the Foundation, maintaining an open source organization, and Guillotina. Intended audience is the Japanese community.

 

Philip moved to adjourn, Chrissy seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 14:35 UTC