Minutes for July 19, 2018

by Chrissy Wainwright published 2018/08/02 19:47:25 GMT+0, last modified 2018-08-02T19:47:25+00:00

Meeting called to order at 19:08 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Carol Ganz

Absent: Philip Bauer (excused)

Approval of the minutes of July 5

Carol moved to approve, Kim seconded

Unanimously Approved

Incoming Correspondence

  • Historic videos and material - one of the servers hosted at OSUSL died, and has been temporarily revived to retrieve content. There are many videos and other historic material. The current plan is to put the videos on YouTube using the Plone Conference account.

New Business

  • Plone Conference Tokyo - Ticket sales have started. They are working on implementing the website design.
  • GSOC Travel - Discussion to invite students to travel to the conference. Paul will work to get cost estimates together for the students' travel, housing and conference costs before we decide on an additional amount that we might provide.
  • Prep for Renewal Cycle - Paul will put together the conference Call for Proposals for 2019. The membership renewal will start in September, which Chrissy will start working on. Call for potential new board members will also go out in the next couple months, Paul will start working on the call for new board members.
  • Saltlabs Sprint - This is the Halle sprint brought up in the last meeting, it has now been declared strategic. (https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Zope-Sprint). A lot of work is already being done to prepare for the sprint, they are hoping to get up to 40 people. Will include finishing the transition to Python 3 and the final 5.2 release. Carol moved that we provide up to the full $4000 for a strategic sprint, Alexander seconded. Unanimously approved.

Continued Business

  • EuroPython - Happens next week. Paul will have the poster printed there to ensure safe travel. There will be a talk, the poster session, and a booth.
  • Domain dispute fee - Waiting to hear back

Review Ongoing

  • [ executive session about licensing ]

Alexander moved to adjourn, Chrissy seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 20:09 UTC