Minutes for February 22, 2018

Meeting called to order at 20:08 UTC



Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Carol Ganz

Absent: Philip Bauer (excused)

Approval of the minutes of February 8

Alexander moved to approve, Victor seconded

Unanimously Approved

Action Items

  • Cloudfest - Alexander sent submission, has not yet heard back

Incoming Correspondence

  • Paul received a report from Bangledesh Meetup, they had around 30 attendees, and they sent the receipts

New Business

  • Sponsorship Infrastructure - Kim put in a lot of work to update the way that sponsorships are handled, to keep all the information in one place. Thank you Kim!

Continued Business

  • PloneConf Tokyo update - Alexander got in contact with Manabu to get a report out on the conference prep so far.  They have created four teams of people for managing the conference. The venue for the trainings and conference are secure, and the sprinting location will be booked around April or May, when places start accepting reservations. Kim will work with Manabu to help get the Conference site running on a new Linode instance.
  • PyCon & Europython prep - Still working to figure out swag for PyCon. Registration opens for Europython next week.
  • Domain issues - Kim is discussing options and legalese with Nutter for an official complaint about plonegov.org

Review Ongoing

  • Google Summer of Code - Google has selected Plone as a participant in Summer of Code. We are now welcoming students who are interested in participating this year.
  • Upcoming Sprints: There will be a small React Sprint in Bonn in a couple weeks to prepare Plone React for GSOC students. Then the Bonn Beethoven Sprint will take place in April.

Alexander moved to adjourn, Paul seconded

Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 20:56 UTC