Minutes for September 1, 2016

Meeting called to order at 19:07 UTC



Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Carol Ganz, Kim Nguyen, Víctor Fernández de Alba
Absent: Philip Bauer

Approval of the minutes of August 18

Carol moved to approve, Paul seconded

Action Items

  • Chrissy followed up for the Kiwi Pycon booth to let them know to send receipts
  • Maik Derstappen sent his thanks for the sprint funding
  • PloneConf 2017 call for proposals went out today.

Incoming Correspondence

  • Software Freedom Law Center sent an invitation for us to attend their conference in New York at the end of October. Paul will attend since he will still be around after PloneConf.
  • Sponsorship Request - from Acties.nl, who is not a provider, so they just want to be listed on plone.com and plone.org without a provider page. Paul confirmed that they do use Plone. Kim will follow up.
  • We have a representation at PyCon UK. They will put up a banner and set out multitools. Costs will fall under existing Marketing budget. Paul will follow up.

New Business

  • Funding Request - $500 from David Bain for Intro to Plone at Python Jamaica.
    Alexander moved to approve, Carol seconded, Unanimously approved. Paul will follow up.
  • Plone Conf 2017 - Call for Proposals has gone out. We do know of one city that starts with a 'B' that is working on a proposal.
  • Membership Renewal - With a new plone.org, the process is a bit different this year. The link to a form will go out with instructions for renewing memberships. Chrissy will send out the email to the members later today.

Continued Business

  • GSOC Mentor Summit - Almost finalized on who is going to the mentor summit and be next year's new leader
  • GSOC Students and PloneConf - At least Prakhar will be attending PloneConf. One student declined, and the other hasn't responded. Chrissy made a motion to approve up to $2000 to cover visa, flight, and conference ticket for Prakhar, Alexander seconded, Unanimously approved. Kim will write an invitation to help with the Visa. Paul will follow up with Prakhar.
  • PloneConf 2016 - 95 tickets sold, working on getting volunteers. Call for talk proposals ended yesterday.

Review Ongoing

  • There is interest in a French version of Plone.com. Kim is coordinating.
  • Kim will add information to promote PloneConf on Plone.com.

Alexander moved to adjourn, Carol seconded
Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 20:06 UTC