Minutes for March 3, 2016



Present: Alexander Loechel, Paul Roeland, Chrissy Wainwright, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Kim Nguyen
Absent: Carol Ganz, Philip Bauer [both excused]

Approval of the minutes of February 18

Alexander moved to approve, Kim seconded
Unanimously approved

Action Items

  • $120 was sent to Paul Bolaram Bangledesh for Plone meetup

Incoming Correspondence

  • Funding request from Ramon Navarro Bosch for a Barcelona Plone REST API sprint for $1500 to assist flights and hosting
  • Funding request from Gil Forcada for a strategic sprint in Berlin to work on Zope4, Python 3, reword of PAS, and refactoring of code. Requested $1100 to cover the venue . We just need a formal statement from the Framework team to declare it as a strategic sprint

Alexander moved approval for both pending statement from the Framework team, Victor seconded
Unanimously approved

  • OSI elections- we can vote on the affiliate members. After discussion we agreed to vote for Molly de Blanc and Saptarshi Purkayastha

New Business

  • Trademark in Korea (http://www.plone.co.kr) - based on comments from Nutter and a legal associate of theirs in Korea, it could be costly to pursue legal action, and unlikely that we could win. Fortunately, the website is not pretending to be Plone, is a different type of business, and does not look negative on our image. It was decided we should at least let them know they could run into trademark issues if they try to use the Plone name outside of Korea. Paul will let Nutter know that we will not pursue legal action, and he will attempt to contact the company.
  • Zope Licensing issues - nothing new to vote on yet
  • Google Summer of Code - we were able to get in as an official GSOC company. Thank to Matthew Wilkes for your work! Kim will write up a news story.
  • UX Team - Brian Ledwell has decided to step down as the UI/UX Team lead. Thank you to Brian for the time spent working with the UI/UX team.
    == executive session ==
    Paul will talk to a few people directly in Sorrento about the possibility of leading the team.

Continued Business

  • PyCon Prep - Not much movement on this recently, Kim and Chrissy will contact Carol and Sally to get things moving to make sure we have everything we need for the booth and marketing.
  • Euro PyCon - Paul is beginning preparations for the booth, poster session, etc
  • plone.org - not much new. Needs more focus on the theme. Kim will coordinate trying to get dates for a sprint.

Review Ongoing

  • Plone LDAP plugin - Kim has been in contact with a large company, who was looking to switch to WordPress because Plone's LDAP Plugin does not support pagination. Kim will set up a fundraiser that will pay for the work of adding this strategically important feature, that will work to keep the large company using Plone.
  • Dylan Jay gave a nice keynote at PyCon Philipines

Chrissy moved to adjourn, Paul seconded
Unanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 22:10 UTC