Minutes for December 15, 2016

Meeting called to order at 20:05 UTC

Housekeeping

Attendance

Present: Paul Roeland, Alexander Loechel, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Philip Bauer, Carol GanzAbsent: None

Plone Conference 2016 Report Out

Cris and Sally joined for a final report out for the PloneConf 2016 Budget. They reported a successful conference with a profit.[ Executive Session ]

Approval of the minutes of December 1

Alexander moved to approve, Paul secondedUnanimously Approved

Action Items

  • A news item still needs to go out about Eric Steele's podcast
  • Pages on plone.org still need to be updated to show the Ansible kits

Incoming Correspondence

  • Event Funding Request: Timo requested $4000 for the Beethoven Sprint 2017. The Framework team has deemed this a Strategic sprint. This sprint would cover Headless CMS, plone.restapi, plone.server, and Angular/React SDKs libraries. Kim moved to approve $4000 to fund the sprint, Philip seconded. Unanimously approved.

New Business

  • Sponsorship Policy - Discussion of should we accept money from companies not involved with Plone? Non-premier sponsors are not on the homepages of plone.com and plone.org, but still get their logo displayed, which links to the site. Concern is that they would be doing it just for advertising, but we will still take these sponsorships. Discussion was stemmed from a particular company, that Paul determined does use Plone as an intranet.

Continued Business

  • Marketing Position - We had one applicant for the position. Philip moved to approve Kim as the Marketing Lead, Victor seconded, Unanimously approved.
  • Budget 2017 - Paul and Carol will meet December 28 to go over the budget.
  • Membership Committee - Philip started to review the process, and is ready to start sending emails to get members for the committee.
  • Roadmap Document - We have reviewed the document and cleaned up the text. Paul will ask a couple people to review the document from a marketing perspective before publishing.
  • PLOG Preparation - Things are coming along fine, there will be a meeting on Monday for coordination.

Review Ongoing

  • Kim has an opportunity at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh to get computer science student teams contributing to Plone in humanitarian applications. He will send out an email with more info.

Alexander moved to adjourn, Chrissy secondedUnanimously approved

Meeting adjourned at 21:03 UTC