Minutes for November 12, 2015
Approval of the Membership Committee, Discussion of goals for the year
Meeting called to order at 21:05 UTC
Present: Alexander Loechel, Paul Roeland, Chrissy Wainwright, Philip Bauer, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Kim Nguyen. Carol Ganz joined late.
Approval of the minutes of October 29
Alexander moved approval, Paul seconded
Via email - Power of attorney was transferred so all Plone trademarks are handled by Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP.
- Flying Circus
PLOG dates have been set for March 28 - April 2, 2016
Paul will be in contact with PyCon once booth submissions are open.
learnplone.org has been forwarded to training.plone.org
We had a sponsorship request for DjangoGirls Namibia that will be declined.
- We have 10 people including the chair
- Victor moved approval of all people on the committee, Alexander seconded
- Approved unanimously
- Kim will post info on plone.org
Feedback on CMS Garden
Alexander said the conference was fantastic. A third of the attendees were Plone people.
Budget for 2016
- Paul and Carol to work on a budget that will be proposed to the board.
Site development has been very active recently and making some good progress. This includes a bit of a redesign by Coen.
Discussion of Goals (various thoughts)
- Alexander: We should focus on the visibility of the Plone community and the product. Focus on getting people to conferences.
- Kim: Set fundraising goals with campaigns, asking people to contribute specifically to things like Plone visibility
- Paul: Support for a mentorship program that has been in talks, similar to GSOC, combining newbies with experienced Plone people. Possible new line item for the budget.
- Victor: work on approachability to community and Plone - communicating to completely new people. Make it more attractive to younger and new people.
- Philip: try to push and agree on some of the onboarding mechanisms. Plone Office Day, something more organized online for people working together. Have a theme for each Office Day (Like theming, documentation, beginner tickets)
- Paul: new people can work on base themes - complaints about not enough themes
- Kim: encourage diversity of contribution
- Paul attended OSCON Europe
- Dutch translation of Plone 5 posters
- Request that the Plone conference be handled by Plone Foundation, to discuss with Six Feet Up for Jen to do the accounting work
- Plone Intranet launched a new site: http://quaive.com
- Add a 'Book a Demo' action button to plone.com - going to Philip or to pick a solution provider in your country
- Philip will attend a Framework team meeting on the 25th about picking work back up since the Plone 5 release.
Upcoming meetings schedule set to avoid holidays:
- Tuesday November 24th
- Thursday December 10th
- Tuesday December 22nd
Alexander moved to adjourn, Chrissy seconded
Meeting adjourned at 22:20 UTC