Meeting called to order at 21:05 UTC
Present: Alexander Loechel, Paul Roeland, Chrissy Wainwright, Philip Bauer, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Kim Nguyen. Carol Ganz joined late.Absent: none
Approval of the minutes of October 29
Alexander moved approval, Paul secondedApproved unanimously
Via email - Power of attorney was transferred so all Plone trademarks are handled by Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP.
- Flying Circus
PLOG dates have been set for March 28 - April 2, 2016
Paul will be in contact with PyCon once booth submissions are open.
learnplone.org has been forwarded to training.plone.org
We had a sponsorship request for DjangoGirls Namibia that will be declined.
- We have 10 people including the chair
- Victor moved approval of all people on the committee, Alexander seconded
- Approved unanimously
- Kim will post info on plone.org
Feedback on CMS Garden
Alexander said the conference was fantastic. A third of the attendees were Plone people.
Budget for 2016
- Paul and Carol to work on a budget that will be proposed to the board.
Site development has been very active recently and making some good progress. This includes a bit of a redesign by Coen.
Discussion of Goals (various thoughts)
- Alexander: We should focus on the visibility of the Plone community and the product. Focus on getting people to conferences.
- Kim: Set fundraising goals with campaigns, asking people to contribute specifically to things like Plone visibility
- Paul: Support for a mentorship program that has been in talks, similar to GSOC, combining newbies with experienced Plone people. Possible new line item for the budget.
- Victor: work on approachability to community and Plone - communicating to completely new people. Make it more attractive to younger and new people.
- Philip: try to push and agree on some of the onboarding mechanisms. Plone Office Day, something more organized online for people working together. Have a theme for each Office Day (Like theming, documentation, beginner tickets)
- Paul: new people can work on base themes - complaints about not enough themes
- Kim: encourage diversity of contribution
- Paul attended OSCON Europe
- Dutch translation of Plone 5 posters
- Request that the Plone conference be handled by Plone Foundation, to discuss with Six Feet Up for Jen to do the accounting work
- Plone Intranet launched a new site: http://quaive.com
- Add a 'Book a Demo' action button to plone.com - going to Philip or to pick a solution provider in your country
- Philip will attend a Framework team meeting on the 25th about picking work back up since the Plone 5 release.
Upcoming meetings schedule set to avoid holidays:
- Tuesday November 24th
- Thursday December 10th
- Tuesday December 22nd
Alexander moved to adjourn, Chrissy secondedApproved unanimouslyMeeting adjourned at 22:20 UTC