Minutes for November 12, 2015

Approval of the Membership Committee, Discussion of goals for the year

Meeting called to order at 21:05 UTC



Present: Alexander Loechel, Paul Roeland, Chrissy Wainwright, Philip Bauer, Víctor Fernández de Alba, Kim Nguyen. Carol Ganz joined late.
Absent: none

Approval of the minutes of October 29

Alexander moved approval, Paul seconded
Approved unanimously

Incoming Correspondence

Via email - Power of attorney was transferred so all Plone trademarks are handled by Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP.

New Sponsors:

  • Affinitic
  • Prontonet
  • Flying Circus

PLOG dates have been set for March 28 - April 2, 2016

Paul will be in contact with PyCon once booth submissions are open.

learnplone.org has been forwarded to training.plone.org

We had a sponsorship request for DjangoGirls Namibia that will be declined.

New Business

Membership Committee

  • We have 10 people including the chair
  • Victor moved approval of all people on the committee, Alexander seconded
  • Approved unanimously
  • Kim will post info on plone.org

Feedback on CMS Garden

Alexander said the conference was fantastic. A third of the attendees were Plone people.

Budget for 2016

  • Paul and Carol to work on a budget that will be proposed to the board.


Site development has been very active recently and making some good progress. This includes a bit of a redesign by Coen.

Discussion of Goals (various thoughts)

  • Alexander: We should focus on the visibility of the Plone community and the product. Focus on getting people to conferences.
  • Kim: Set fundraising goals with campaigns, asking people to contribute specifically to things like Plone visibility
  • Paul: Support for a mentorship program that has been in talks, similar to GSOC, combining newbies with experienced Plone people. Possible new line item for the budget.
  • Victor: work on approachability to community and Plone -  communicating to completely new people. Make it more attractive to younger and new people.
  • Philip: try to push and agree on some of the onboarding mechanisms. Plone Office Day, something more organized online for people working together. Have a theme for each Office Day (Like theming, documentation, beginner tickets)
  • Paul: new people can work on base themes - complaints about not enough themes
  • Kim: encourage diversity of contribution

Ongoing Business

  • Paul attended OSCON Europe
  • Dutch translation of Plone 5 posters
  • Request that the Plone conference be handled by Plone Foundation, to discuss with Six Feet Up for Jen to do the accounting work
  • Plone Intranet launched a new site: http://quaive.com
  • Add a 'Book a Demo' action button to plone.com - going to Philip or to pick a solution provider in your country
  • Philip will attend a Framework team meeting on the 25th about picking work back up since the Plone 5 release.

Upcoming meetings schedule set to avoid holidays:

  • Tuesday November 24th
  • Thursday December 10th
  • Tuesday December 22nd

Alexander moved to adjourn, Chrissy seconded
Approved unanimously
Meeting adjourned at 22:20 UTC