Minutes for November 26, 2014

Membership committee appointed; Plone Symposium Tokyo; Strategic Planning Summit; Mockup licensing

Paul called us to order at 21:01 UTC



Attending: Paul Roeland, Carol Ganz, Chrissy Wainwright, Kim Nguyen, Steve McMahon, Alexander Loechel, Cris Ewing
Absent: None!

Approval of the minutes of Nov 13, 2014

Alex moved approval, Paul seconded
Unanimously approved

+ check if action items were followed up

Nothing that’s not on the agenda

Incoming correspondence

Earlier item about logo usage: a request to use the logo. We’d just be mentioned as a supported CMS. Board OK with this. Alex will respond.

GSOC reimbursement

Nejc Zupan asked for reimbursement; this is within already approved budget. Paul will forward to the treasurer.

New Business

Membership committee update

So far, Kim has the following volunteers:
1. T. Kim Nguyen nguyen@plone.org
2. Héctor Velarde hector.velarde@gmail.com
3. Maurizio Delmonte maurizio.delmonte@abstract.it
4. Nejc Zupan nejc.zupan@gmail.com
5. Clayton Parker clayton@sixfeetup.com
6. Chris Calloway cbc@unc.edu
7. Matthew Wilkes, matthew.wilkes@plone.org
8. Steve McMahon steve@dcn.org, vice chair
9. Jean Jordaan jean.jordaan@gmail.com

Carol moved to accept this as the membership committee,
Cris seconded
Unanimously approved

Kim will do a news announcement

Plone Symposium Tokyo

Manabu Terada has requested support to send two keynote speakers and cover their travel expenses.
Carol noted that this is a big request for a new symposium; she also noted, though, that there may not be a US Symposium. Steve noted that this is a new, exciting possibility and that we can afford it. Paul and Eric noted as best possible representatives — they would carry the best titles.

Paul thinks we can do it for $2,500, particularly if one of the people is him (as he can travel cheaply).  Alex might also be able to make it and speaks a little Japanese. He could do .edu.

Paul will communicate to Manabu that the sense of the board is positive, but we need dates.

Steve noted that the last time we did something like this, it was for the first PSSA, and it was a great investment.

Strategic summit request

It has been generally proposed that the PF support the use of Plone Open Gardens as a strategic summit. This was very widely and positively discussed at PloneConf.

Steve noted that the last time we did this (Strategic Summit, which was in bay area), the PF raised money to help fund travel, and was able to cover the travel expenses of many folks. Steve said he would contact Jon Stahl, main organizer of the previous summit for ideas on how that worked.

General agreement that we’re in principle agreed and will begin planning and concrete research.

Budget 2015 preparation

Paul will do some of this, and asked if Carol would help (Carol agreed).
Brief discussion of the kind of events we’ve covered and might like to cover. Emphasis on guerrilla marketing.

Mockup licensing

We already have a policy on relicensing. General agreement that this is covered under it. Chrissy will take lead on communications on this. Steve offered to be a resource.

Old Business

plone.com/org progress

Carol reported that there is a standard weekly meeting to keep track of this. Chrissy, Carol, Christina, Kim, Gabrielle all working on it. Steve is available for sysadmin work and AI team liaison.

Carol told us of plans for handling case studies. It will start with a reasonable #.

Paul reported on progress. It will use the same theme as Plone 5. The existing site will be archived; the new will be truncated. Paul will need access to ldap for configuration.


Carol asked if we want to have ambassadors again. We’ll get that on the agenda.

Review of news item queue.

Quick check of upcoming news items.

Adjourned at 22:17 UTC