Approval of the minutes of April 4
+ check if action items were followed up
- Question on licensing Plone with wijmoWe now have two questions on use of GPL3-related add-on licensing in conjunction with Plone add ons. Can Plone add ons use GPL3 or AGPL3 components.Steve and Matthew Wilkes will research this and report back to the board.
- plone.cat domainPlone Catalonia folks have been trying to get control of plone.cat for the community. We've already been involved in notifications. Correspondence suggested beginning Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution process.Liz volunteered to research the process
- Use of domain name plonesource.orgSteve suggested saying we have no problem with the current use of the domain.Paul will reply to the correspondence.
- Research study requestPaul will reply; this is not board business.
- a11y team and a11y testingPaul has been researching this; still hoping to assemble a team; some commitments at PLOG. It may be possible to update WebAIM into testing stack. Tentative permission obtained. An accessibility sprint is tentatively planned for Plone Symposium Midwest. Paul will try to be a11y team leader with Matt Barkau as tech lead.
- Plone Symposium MidWest sprints (Cheese/Beer + possible other ones)We still need a direct recommendation on the strategic character of this. Liz will check on whether or not the FWT has gotten this done. We also need a precise number. Carol will speak to Nathan about this.A post PSM a11y sprint could also be considered strategic, but we need to determine who's leading this. Carol will ask Kim about this one.
Community atmosphere and complaints process recap
Review ongoing items:
- Creative Commons relicensingPaul has this ready to go; plan to start transition period May 1. This will start a one-month grace period ending in all plone.org textual content being CC licensed.
- Possible trademark infringementsDiscussed in short executive sessions
- Plonedemo.com and similar sitesStill working on this; awaiting feedback from concerned parties.