Minutes for June 2, 2011

Minutes of the Plone Foundation Board of Directors



Attending: Jon, Calvin, Matt, Steve, Toby, Mark
Elizabeth Leddy, Tom Kapanka
Absent: Alex (in Montreal), Geir (excused)

Plone Conference Organizers (Conference Survey)

Who needs to sign contract with SFU?
An officer; Calvin will sign
Insurance: Liz & Spanky are working on insurance; not expected to be expensive

Steve moved we authorize Calvin to execute a conference rental space agreement with SFSU for $23,320 and a separate insurance agreement with a to-be-determined party for up-to $1,000.
Matt seconded
Unanimously approved

Site and ticket sales to begin by Monday; Early-bird tickets will be limited

Steve moved to authorize payment of $6,630 for rental-space reservation;
Jon seconded;
Unanimously approved.

Liz & Spanky left call

Approve Minutes for May 19th, 2011 board meeting

Calvin moved approval
Matt seconded
Unanimously approved

Committee Reports (marketing, membership)

The Membership Committee has completed a round of review; have two unanimous recommendations:

  • Timo Stollenwerk
  • André Nogueira

Jon moved approval Timo and André
Steve seconded
Unanimously approved

Old business

Plone roadmap

Plone 3.3.6 release date: no change
Plone 5 roadmap document status

SFLC legal details on patches

Jon moved approval of policy as circulated on email list
Matt seconded
Unanimously approved

Jon will post policy at http://plone.org/foundation/materials

Real Story CMS Market Analysis License Request

Geir has negotiated a couple of possible arrangements for getting a certain number of copies of the report. 20 or 100 licenses. 20 licenses:  USD $10,000 ($500 per), 125 licenses:  USD $20,000 ($160 per).

Discussion of possible ways of allocating these inside the foundation workers (like marketing, board) and sponsor members. Can we justify buying 20 licenses?

Steve suggested deferring action until we have Geir available. Jon suggested polling the foundation membership for interest level.

Discussion will continue on mailing list.

Windows installer change

Deferred due to short time available

New business

ZEA Indian Trademark Transfer

General agreement that our Trademark communications are currently confused, and that we need some additional advice. Jon suggested recontacting David Powsner, who has helped us pro bono in the past. Toby will send the board a report on existing US marks; Matt will contact David.

Possible trademark abuse


Creation of a Roadmap Team


Sauna Sprint 2011 Funding Request

Request for 700 Euros for sponsorship

Mark moved approval, with thanks!
Matt seconded
Unanimously approved
Matt will communicate

Strategic Sprint Funding

Steve moved allocation of $2,000 travel expense fund for Bristol UI Sprint with Matt making disbursement recommendations; plus, $2,000 for release-manager travel expenses for upcoming sprints.
Mark seconded
Unanimously approved with Matt abstaining

PyOhio Sponsorship Request


Licensing policy for Diazo themes


Homepage News


Adjourned at 1pm