Minutes for November 11, 2010
Minutes of the Plone Foundation Board of Directors
Geir called us to order at 12:10pm
Attending: Mark, Jon, Alex, Steve, Matt, Geir, Toby, Calvin
Approve minutes Minutes for annual membership meeting, October 27th, 2010
Geir moved approval; Jon seconded
Board Minutes for October 21
Deferred to next meeting
Appoint officers for new board term 2010-2011 (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer)
Toby is willing to serve again; Geir moved Toby for treasurer; Steve seconded
Mark nominated Calvin; Matt seconded
Geir nominated Steve; Jon seconded
Steve and Calvin temporarily left the meeting
Calvin selected; Calvin and Steve abstained
Geir handed over chairing of the meeting to Calvin
Steve nominated Matt; Geir seconded
Geir nominated Steve; Calvin seconded
Appoint advisory board members?
Tabled for 2 weeks
Domain acquisition progress
Calvin still working on this; slow progress making contact
Discussed various posting locations on plone.org, including foundation policy section, dev.
Fundraising /sponsorship note to members
Mark’s mailing didn’t reach the list; Tabled
Trademark issue (closed session)
Moved into executive session at 12:55pm
Left executive session at 1pm; no action
Diazo ownership and licensing
Board has received request from Laurence Rowe to relicense under modified BSD.
Diazo is currently moving into Foundation control.
Steve moved relicensing of Diazo under modified BSD; Geir seconded
Steve moved we accept transfer of diazo.org to foundation; Jon seconded
Sponsorship request (EESTEC Neoplanta sprint)
Jon moved approval of 200 Euro for sprint sponsorship; Geir seconded.
Plone tuneup awards?
Discussed possibility of making some sort of contribution on behalf of tuners. Perhaps a conference scholarship fund?
Calvin will serve as liaison to plone.org admins group
- Approval of standard boilerplate text about Plone and Plone Foundation for inclusion on all Plone press releases.
- Recording the e-mail vote on the 3.x release manager.
- E-Mail vote 4-0 in favor; confirmed unanimously
- Committers/contributor agreement auditing (how can we make sure all committers have signed the agreement? Is our process solid enough?)
- Creation of events calendar for foundation-sponsored events
- Guidelines for hosting User Group websites on Plone.org
Adjourned at 1:30pm
Next meeting Nov 18th.