Minutes for December 30, 2010

Minutes of the Plone Foundation Board of Directors



Attending: Matt, Calvin, Steve, Mark, Jon, Geir, Alex

Approve Minutes for December 16th, 2010 board meeting

Approval moved by Mark, unanimously approved (Calvin abstaining)

Old business

Domain acquisition progress

No change

Guidelines for hosting User Group websites on Plone.org

Mark sent out a set of proposed guidelines; a couple of changes suggested;
Jon moved approval subject to suggestions; Calvin seconded
Unanimously approved

Setting up two new landing pages on plone.org - one for user groups, one for education

Approved last time; in the works.

Plone roadmap

Plone 3.3.6 release date?
Alan is on holiday; Matt will check to see when that ends

Plone 5 roadmap document status

Laurence has gotten a tech document out;
Geir will work on getting UI side information
Geir and Mark will work on getting this information to the point that it’s useful outside the core development community

Committers/contributor agreement auditing -- ongoing

Jon is continuing his audit of contributor agreements / core access matchup and is extending this to check on very old and very new agreements and actual commit history

Membership Committee

Jon has a handful of applicants, will update us by email for choice at next meeting

Hosting of version control server

Geir volunteered to lead this discussion in the development community; tentative agreement emerging that distributed version control won’t happen fast enough to alleviate need for our own server. Also, general agreement that the OSU deal looks good. Git or mercurial complete move may be more like a couple of years.
Ended discussion with general agreement that we’re willing to buy hardware and work via OSU. Calvin will work with admins on getting a good hardware spec and price.

SFLC legal details on patches

Geir is continuing to work on this

New business

Fund a Windows license for testing purposes

Jon is investigating feasibility of licensing for full retail windows for automated testing.
Possibly technet via techsoup.

Sprint Funding Mechanisms

Steve asked if we are OK with having the PF receive contributions earmarked for approved sprints, noting that we'd dome something similar with the strategic planning summit.
General agreement that this is OK. Steve will check with Toby on mechanisms.

Meeting adjourned at 1:10pm
Next meeting Jan 13