Minutes, January 17, 2008

Present: Jon Stahl, Nate Aune, Geir Baekholt, Steve McMahon, Joel Burton

Absent: Darci Hanning

Summary of Followup Tasks

  • Geir will talk to committee about David covering TM issues, SFLC should cover licensing issues.
  • Nate will work on getting additional marketing material ready for the summit
  • Nate and Alex will consolidate and make sure the marketing mailing lists are operating the way we want [done]
  • Alex is securing a place to stay for the participants at the summit [done]
  • Alex will send mail that he's managing the transportation needs and how to get to SF, etc [done]
  • Jon to contact companies for feedback on sponsorship plan (deferred)
  • Jon will contact Xavier regarding use of PloneGov [done]
  • Nate prepared a process for sprint funds for review, will send to lists once ready [done]
  • Jon will contact Hector about plone.mx
  • Joel will create a general recommendation for country-specific Plone sites [done]

 

Routine Housekeeping

Jon called the meeting to order at 12:06pm PST

Jon moved to approve the January 3 minutes. Darci seconded, unanimously approved

  • Finalize and approve proposed agenda — approved
  • Approve and publish 1/3/2008 meeting minutes — approved
  • Officer reports (President, Secretary, Treasure) — nothing specific to report

  • Committee reports (below)

  • Old business (below)

  • New business (below)

  • Review all new action items (who does what by when)
  • Next scheduled meeting: Jan 24, 2008.

 

Committee, Project Committee, and Work Group Reports

Membership Committee (Darci)

  • Action Items:
    • Review membership application queue
  • Report: status on membership approval process (Geir and Darci)
Nothing to report at this time.

 

Trademark / IP Committee (Geir)

  • What's the status of the Trademark committee page/folder? (e.g. has necessary content from this been incorporated into the Trademark/IP page/folder?)
  • Report: status on potential trademark infringement from a commercial software company (legal advice on our options)
    • Currently two possible infringements
    • Minor infractions (content farming)
Paul has been tasked with updating the page/folder, David Powsner is helping out with preparing statements and getting things in order on the TM side.ACTION: Geir will talk to committee about David covering TM issues, SFLC should cover licensing issues.

 

Marketing Committee (Nate)

  • Brand audit update
  • General status update 
  • Nate sent out an email about reforming the marketing committee
  • Alexander put up an announcement asking for existing presentations and marketing material
  • Jon has spoken to Mark Corum about the marketing agenda for the Planning Summit
  • ACTION: Nate will work on getting additional material ready for the summit
  • ACTION: Nate and Alex will consolidate and make sure the marketing mailing lists are operating the way we want

 

By-laws Work Group (Joel)

  •  Status update
Joel is still working on the changes, nothing specific to report yet.

 

Strategic Planning Work Group (Jon/Alex)

  • Process on how to allocate funds to sponsor travel costs for deserving participants?
  • General status update
  • Currently, there's $2400 donated (matched by the Foundation to be $4800) for travel scholarships
  • Alex has coordinated with Google to get rooms and food
  • ACTION: Alex is securing a place to stay for the participants
  • ACTION: Alex will send mail that he's managing the transportation needs and how to get to SF, etc

 

Content Policy Work Group (Steve)

  •  Status update
Hiatus until February

 

Old Business

plone.org Visual Re-design Project (Alex)

  • Status update
Hiatus until February

 

Discussion on Sponsorship Plan for plone.net (Jon)

  • Getting feedback:
    • Random choices from Plone.net (?) - reach beyond the core.
    • Alex will help Jon to identify.
  • Discuss proposed expense budget.
  • Alex pulled out feedback list for Jon to work with
  • ACTION: Jon to contact companies for feedback

PloneGov (Jon)

  • Was Xavier contacted regarding board's decision to approve use?
  • ACTION: Jon will contact Xavier regarding use.

Allocating Foundation funds for Sprints (Nate)

  • Process and criteria draft
  • ACTION: Nate prepared a process for review, will send to lists once ready

Update on Zope 2 on Python 2.5 (Jon) [postponed]

  • Note: this item will become higher in priority after the Strategic Planning even in February. Next steps will include:
    • Confirm Wichert's role
    • Identify cost and scope (Jon, Wichert, and Martijn)
    • Start fund raising using the bounty approach
    • Go forth and implement!

 

New Business

  1. Getting plone.org.mx and plone.com.mx transferred (see 11/11 email Subject: transfer of .mx domain names to Plone Foundation from  Hector)
  • ACTION: Jon will contact Hector about making this happen
  • ACTION: Joel will create a general recommendation for country-specific Plone sites

Next meeting

  • Next scheduled meeting: Jan 31, 2008.
  • Agenda item to add: Help Wichert recruit more people to maintain plone.org