Minutes, September 06 2007

Meeting time

See Plone Calendar

Dial In and Passcode: see Call-in info page

Roll Call

Present: Andy, Paul, Sashav, Francesco, Nate, Geir.
Absent: Alex
Observing: None

Agenda Items

  1. Approve agenda.
  2. Approve previous meeting . .
  3. Officer reports.
  4. Committee reports (below).
  5. Review progress on old action items.
  6. New business.
  7. Set time for next meeting.

Officer Reports


No report.


No report.


No report.


No report. 

Committee Reports

Membership Committee

Renewal for membership 2008 has been opened.

Trademark Committee

No report.


See below. 

Old Action Items





New Items

 1) Board elections

We need to get the process started on that.  As an FYI, I don't plan to run, for two reasons:

a. I haven't done squat and don't deserve to be on the board until I do squat.  I'm quite disappointed in myself.  Gotta go earn some karma points.

b. I think it's time for the old timers to pass the torch on the organizational side and make way for the next generation.

As such, I can conduct the nomination process and voting.  Joel, Hanno, and Godefroid have all offered to pitch in as well.

Paul will kick off the process...

2) Plone.net

I'd like to launch Plone.net well in advance of the conference and actually get Plone Foundation sponsorships lined up.  In particular, I'd like to be able to recognize the people that sponsor, during the conference.  As such, I need to send around some info before the board meeting and get a final approval from you guys.

There is a general agreement with proposed price structure and "yellow pages" concept as starting point.

Geir: having a "badge" to put into your website that sais "I'm a sponsor of the PF".

The board will continue comments and discussion in the ML to move on quickly.

Action Items