Attending: Joel, Jackie, Munwar, Alex, Ben
Missing: Jodok, Geoff
Observing: Paul, Toby
1) Approve and publish previous minutes from Dec 1. Jackie moves, Alex
seconds. Approved by acclaim.
2) Approve agenda. Approved by acclaim.
3) Officer reports. (below)
4) Committee reports (below).
5) Old business (below).
6) New business (below).
7) Review newly-discussed action items.
8) Set time for next meeting.
Joel does bootcamps as a non-profit venture, 4 in next 3
months. Good story with lots of demand, how to get it
out more widely?
Also, status on non-profit status with SFLC and anticipatory
income without endangering tax-exempt status.
Paul and Joel need to get Toby queued up.
Sent out P&L, no comment, presume ok. Paypal only lets you
take a small amount in each transaction w/out a charge, so
it takes a while to move it over.
Still need to setup checkwriting authority.
Need to give approval for Toby to send 2005 tax returns. Joel
moves that Toby file the taxes based on the reports he has
already sent. Munwar seconded. Toby has all the info
he needs, pretty straightforward. Unanimous vote.
Jackie discussed the agenda point and mentioned that Jackie, Paul,
and Mark are meeting face-to-face.
Munwar opened the discussion about how to bootstrap a committee
and get some interest.
Jackie recapped the status note that she sent, with the information
she collected about Europe-wide tech trade wire.
Motion: Adopt the recommendation in Jackie's email to ask for
donations on sending the press release to the stated markets,
will not send press release out unless the right percentage is
covered. Motion passes unanimously.
1. (Paul) Vote on marketing team's positioning document.
Paul moved that we vote on the proposal, with the amendments of: (a) remove
the intranet part and (b) the compromise on the board list about content
delivery's emphasis, plus a feedback loop from the Plone Syposium. Vote
1. (Paul and Joel) Get Toby the papers he needs for signature.
2. (Joel) Ping Godefroid for membership update on the queue.
3. (Joel) Send a note setting up a fundraising chat.
4. (Munwar) Send note to community to start the fundraising group.
5. (Paul) Get with Alex and Jackie to send out the "bids for conference" email.