Meeting time: 08:00 AM Pacific time
Attending: Alan, Munwar, Joel, Ben
Missing: Geoff, Alex, Jodok
Observing: Paul, Mark
1) Approve and publish previous minutes from Sept 29. Joel moved,
Alan seconded, approved by acclaim.
2) Approve agenda. Joel moved, Alan seconded, approved by acclaim.
3) Officer reports.
4) Committee reports (below).
5) Old business (below).
6) New business (below).
7) Review newly-discussed action items.
8) Set time for next meeting.
Went to Amsterdam, gave presentation on Plone best practices. Need
to give out t-shirts. Paul mentioned Taiwan and also Andrew
Hatton for t-shirts.
Geoff provided a report by email.
Looking for approval for $1k for tax preparation. We don't
believe there will be costs for taxes themselves. Calendar year
is fiscal year.
Alan moved that the Plone Foundation allocate $1k for FY2004 tax
preparation. Ben seconded. Roll call vote: Alan +1, Joel +1,
Munwar +1, Ben +1.
Godefroid got the mailing list and workflow pointed at him and
made an announcement.
Joel proposed to re-focus this committee to a license committee.
Idea approved, form a license committee, dis-establish IP
committee, Joel is chair on license committee.
Paul discussed plone.net and remaining steps. Discussed need to
get a skin. Abstract Edge or Six Feet Up. Make this happen via
Joel accomplished his task, Munwar is chair of new committee, Alan
sent out proposal.
Ad hoc group: Funding Press Releases
Ad hoc group: Identify needed leadership roles for Fdn
Paul sent a note describing the semi-proposal to stick to the
current system and get confirmation on board leadership. Email
Joel if you want to be a board officer. Elections, if needed,
next board meeting.
1) (Alan) Identify who is needed for signing contrib agreements and
start getting people to sign.
2) (Joel) Announce fundraising committee and Munwar [done; mailing
list created; invitation sent to community.]
3) (Paul) Give a specific action report on plone.net.
4) (Munwar) Send document to board about board insurance [done;
selection delegated to Mark.]
5) (Mark) OSX installer today or tomorrow [done; 2.1.1 released.]
6) (Joel) Send out thank-yous for press release and remove the
PayPal link [done; emails sent out, thank you page updated.]
7) (Munwar and Paul) Draft a policy for funding international press
8) (Alan and Munwar) Talk about Breakaway Communications [done;
nothing valuable to discuss.]
1) Marketing committee scope and chair (Paul). Paul asked about
the Foundation's needs for marketing, the marketing committee's
results, and the need for the board.
Joel moved: "The board appoints Jackie as marketing committee
chair and Paul provides a scope document for the foundation's
marketing needs." Motion passes by acclaim.
There was also a discussion about plone.org and plone.net
domains and subdomains. We stick to the policy that .net is for
commercial and .org non-commercial. Subdomain requests go to
2) Fundraising proposal (Alan). Defered.
3) 2.2 Release (Joel) Alan discussed the two big things: CMF 2 and
Five views. Also, msg ids, PlonePAS, and xmlio. Joel requested
the framework committee to provide a 2.2 proposal. The board
votes on this and anoints it as official.
1) (Joel) Setup licensing committee and turn off IP committee.
2) (Paul) Set deadlines for plone.net skin.
3) (Paul) Announce marketing committee motion.
4) (Alan) Provide the board a 2.2 roadmap with dates and features,
and a recommendation whether this release is time-based or
Thursday, November 10.