Attending: Paul (proxy for Joel), Marcel, Geoff, Jodok, Limi, Norm,
Non-attending: Joel (sick), Robert (train), Christian (can't call US)
Approve minutes. (Need to approve minutes in next meeting.)
Paul called for a vote on the agenda, approved.
Paid ZEA invoice for Paul, successfully transfered. Alan sent
invoice for gifts, need Joel to approve.
No new members, no old business. Mailing list is quiet.
Waiting on Eben on draft contrib docs.
There was an unofficial member meeting during snow sprint. People
feel comfortable with our approach, the practical vs. pure
approach, and Eben. Ben made some very good points too.
Sent out the request to get people on board, didn't get any
response. Sent out an update to trademark usage doc.
"If you are using the Plone logo in connection with your fair use
rights, you may not change the logo in any significant
way. Changing the color, aspect ratio or shape/form of the logo
should be avoided, as should integrating the logo in other
structures that will distort the logo."
"Use of items that looks like the Plone logo to illustrate a point
(eg. circular cookies with three dots on them, for instance) is
generally allowed as long as it is not portrayed as a logo."
"If in doubt, contact the trademark committee about your logo
No report. (Topic of new business.)
Mark, Norm, and Marcel had a meeting. Get permission from board
to have a PayPal donation for getting funding.
1) (Geoff) Get proposal from Paul. Completed.
1) Marketing proposal from Paul. Discussion of the proposal, what
materials are needed. Most said they had looked at it. Geoff
opened floor to discussion.
Marcel commented on Mark's point on sales material, not necessary
for driving the PN relationship. Mark asked for the list of what
PN will and won't be doing. Will they do design layouts, or just
Discussion of the scope of Paul's proposal, near-term
vs. long-term proposal. Alan wanted to ensure that we know what
are the deliverables, specifically, that we're going to get
what's needed to feed PN.
Marcel: +1, Geoff: +1, Jodok: +1, Limi: +1, Norm: +1, Alan: +1,
1) (Limi) Re-send minutes for previous meeting. (Completed)
2) (Joel) Approve Alan's invoice for gifts.
3) (Joel/Paul) Send PN/LW expenses. (Paul Completed)
4) (Alex/Paul) Send to board final Trademark Usage policy for a vote
on next meeting's agenda. (Completed)
5) (Paul) Need to vote on who is legal counsel. Put on next agenda. (Completed)
6) (Mark) Send notes from the fundraising committee meeting and
details on the proposal for PayPal on plone.org for fundraising
7) (Marcel) Make sure permanent call-in numbers are available for
8) (Paul) Put "approve previous minutes" on next agenda.(Completed)