Attending: Joel, Geoff, Jodok, Christian, Alan, Norm, Marcel
Non-attending: Alan, Robert.
Observing: Paul, Mark
Joel moved to approve the minutes from Dec 16. Motion accepted and
Joel moved to approve the agenda for this meeting. Seconded by
Geoff. Motion accepted and passed.
Worked on Porter Novelli meeting and conservancy. Traveling a lot
Mark reported that status of payments and also PayPal account.
Can be used for fundraising efforts and other things. Does cost
money, but least hassle. Balance is around 79,030.
Mark, Geoff, Alex, Joel, and Paul discussed the backlog of
Two people have asked for use of the Plone names. Alex discussed
the issue of recusing himself for his case.
Talked about below.
1) Mark will get names up this week on membership. The small group
will act as the membership committee and send out notices. The
board doesn't need to intervene.
2) Alan will post proposal to IP committee for not doing printouts.
We decided to close this action item.
3) Paul will send mails on two issues to IP committee. Done.
4) Limi will mail Paul the contact info for pinging LinuxWorld. Done.
5) Limi will get some numbers for Freenode. Done.
6) Jodok will ping Justin and Kapil about Subversion timeouts. Mail
to admin list was delayed until today. Decided to switch to
Kapil's tool to avoid timeouts. Now need a fresh repo update.
7) Paul will update the board page w/ correct date/time. Done.
1) (Paul) Finalize bylaw changes and vote on new bylaws. Joel took
a roll call vote to make sure the three bylaw changes (CA
reserved seat, PN advisory seat, and 10 day notice to one day).
Unanimously approved. Jodok, Christian, Joel, Alex, Norm, Geoff.
2) (Joel) Plone Conference 2005. Joel suggested that we need to
state the PF's role, to avoid wrong expectations. Mark and Alex
suggested our role is to arbitrate. Geoff suggested we put out
3) (Joel) Brief on PN meeting plans for Plone marketing. Covered in
mail. Brief discussion about synchronizing with Plone 2.1
4) (Joel) Travel expenses for Paul to PN/LW meeting. Joel motioned
for approval of $1700 for expenses for Paul, Geoff, and Limi
travel, to be divided among them as needed. This was passed as a
5) (Joel) Conservancy. We're at a point where we need to
provide Paul and Alan with some input about how we can move forward.
Paul discussed the current balance of protection vs. practicality,
and concerns that we are building something too heavy to adminster.
There was consensus around moving back toward the FSF approach, for
example regarding grantback.
Alex talked about GPL vs. LGPL.
6) (Jodok) Snow sprint sponsoring. Discussion about avoiding the
raising of rates to sprinters, who decides what goes on the
plone.org home page, etc. Alex proposed a motion that the PF has
the authority for what goes on plone.org for advertising, Norm
seconded. No opposition to cignex and snow sprint, this motion
1) Paul will update bylaws.
2) Paul will put up a news item about Plone Con 2005, who is
interested in hosting. Limi will help.
3) Paul will get conservancy moving by a post to the membership
4) Jodok will follow up on how the PF can manage website