Who am I?
I am a freelance advertiser since 1997. In the 80s I studied film, theatre and television science in Cologne, did some work at local television companies and finally became a PR consultant working for a PR agency in Düsseldorf and Berlin, Germany.
In 2004 I founded the DZUG e.V. together with other well-known members of the Zope Community in Germany. The DZUG e.V. is a non-profit organization fostering Zope and Plone in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. I serve on its board from the beginning, being responsible for public relations.
I am using Plone since a 0. version, when it was nothing more than a skin for CMF. I am a member of the German translation team and co-author of "A user's guide to Plone".
Why am I interested?
I am very much convinced that all marketing must be local, though I would like to do some international marketing for Plone, because I think
- that we must have a consistent approach and
- that we must support smaller user groups with customizable, localizable marketing material. This includes a pool of images, graphics, presentation templates and boilerplate text.
What I can add to the Plone Foundation
- marketing knowledge
- text skills (though mostly in German)
- general production know-how
- strategic thinking
- Chris Calloway
- Andreas JungJan-Ulrich has been working for years on marketing material (flyers, articles, Zope News, high-quality presentations on Zope and Plone, Plone paper for decision makers ) for Zope and Plone. He is doing an outstanding job in promoting Plone in the German speaking world. Without Jan-Ulrich a real and effective Plone marketing in Germany would not exist.
- Armin Stroß-RadschinskiJan-Ulrich is doing continous work on promoting Plone in the german speaking public media for years. I had the fun working with him on the 4 last issues of the german language "Zope News". His skills as "evangelist" would be extremely valueful for the community.http://www.zope.de/redaktion/dzug/nachrichten/zope-news-09-2009