- I'd like to stay on the board for another term to ensure continuity from the previous boards.
- Plone is in an exciting position, and ready to grow its audience — and I believe I'm in a good position to help.
- My main goals for this term are:
- More effort invested in conference presences, make it easier to attend a conference on behalf of Plone Foundation, more and better marketing material, speaking points and guides.
- More effort invested in plone.net (specifically, I'd like to see a job board and a better way to discover local user groups).
- Organize and support a Plone Strategic Planning Summit for planning the future Plone direction and upcoming releases and feature focus.
- Broader community efforts that I'd like to get started:
- A better feature list for Plone, one of the major difficulties for people new to Plone is knowing exactly how much it can do. My current proposal is a library of short, focused screencasts (30s - 2 min) that demonstrate the most useful features, but I'm sure there's other ways too
- Figure out a good way to make documentation translatable on plone.org — we are an international community after all! With the upcoming refactoring of LinguaPlone + a sensible workflow, this should be possible to do in a reliable and high-quality way.
Community accomplishments so far
- I helped bootstrap the original board.
- I lead the trademark committee through its first term, securing the Plone trademarks thanks to the talented people involved with it.
- Helped make plone.net the one-stop shop for Plone providers and site listings.
- Heavily involved in the documentation and add-on product management for Plone (Plone Help Center and Plone Software center specifically).
Seconded by -- Geir Bækholt