Geir Bækholt, also known as 'elvix' in in irc to some
- Managing director and co-founder of Plone Solutions AS, a Norwegian, but internationally oriented Plone consultancy and development company. My job involves managing a distributed workforce currently spanning 3 continents, 7 countries and 9 timezones. The company has close ties to the Plone community and contributes a fair share to the development of Plone and its surroundings.
- An all-hands type person who enjoys working with people and organisations as much as writing code. I have a diverse background in marketing, design/art, sociology, film-science and web-applications. I worked 5 years with large scale web-applications in the gaming industry before i started doing Plone full-time.
- In April 2006, Arranged the Archipelago Sprint, gathering 40 developers from around the world, spearheding the development of what will become Plone 3.
- Speaker at all Plone Conferences but the first.
- Currently collaborating with a regional university college on introducing more Open Source and Plone/Zope development into their master-level-studies.
- Has a large interest in Open source business models, patents, marketing and licensing. Makes an effort of improving government- and general public awareness on Open Source in Norway.
- Even though i probably represent developers and small businesses best, i meet and work with a lot of people in universities, government organisations, NGOs and larger companies, – and get to share their challenges and experiences with Plone, both on a technical and on an organisational level.
Seconded by Martin Aspeli