European Environment Agency
The European Environment Agency provides sound, independent information on the environment for those involved in developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy, and also the general public. In close collaboration with the European Environmental Information and Observation Network (Eionet) and its 32 member countries, the EEA gathers data and produces assessments on a wide range of topics related to the environment.
European Environment Agency https://www.eea.europa.eu/
Environment thematic information platforms
- Plone 4, 5 and 6
- Project duration: continuously since 2005
The new EEA main portal: https://www.eea.europa.eu/ will be re-launched in the begining of 2023 using latest Plone 6 technologies for backend and frontend.
Open Source Add-Ons
A very long list of open source add-ons were created over the years to support the development of this websites. Some references:
- EEA GitHub Organisation: https://github.com/orgs/eea/repositories?q=Plone&type=all&language=&sort=
- Plone Collective: https://github.com/orgs/collective/repositories?language=&q=EEA&sort=&type=all (edited)
Provider: Eau de Web
The EEA also contributes to a series of websites focused to information on European enviromnet topics.
- Biodiversity Information System for Europe (https://biodiversity.europa.eu/)
- Climate Adaptation Platform (https://climate-adapt.eea.europa.eu/)
- Climate and Energy in the EU (https://climate-energy.eea.europa.eu/)
- Copernicus in situ component (https://insitu.copernicus.eu/)
- Copernicus land monitoring (https://land.copernicus.eu/)
- European Industrial Emissions Portal (https://industry.eea.europa.eu/)
- Forest Information System for Europe (https://forest.eea.europa.eu/)
- Marine Water Information System for Europe (https://water.europa.eu/marine)
- Fresh Water Information System for Europe (https://water.europa.eu/freshwater)