Live Support IRC Chat for Plone
This chat connects to you #plone IRC channel on irc.freenode.net IRC network.
Please first read question and chat guidelines if you are new to open source communities and IRC chat.
You can also connect to the live support channel in a new window/tab.
Some helpful tips
- Don't ask if you can ask a question — just ask it. We know why you are here. :-)
- Do tell us what you're trying to achieve, what you're doing, and what's not working.
- Please note that this is a volunteer service; being polite is the best way to get the help you need.
- Also remember that the level of activity varies, so if you don't get help at once, stay online for a while. (Most chat participants are on North/Central/South America or European time, and tend to be most active during normal business hours.) People will answer if they know, or ask for more details if they need it. Repeating the same question again and again won't help.
- Don't send private messages to people unless they have asked you to — it's considered rude in the same way as telemarketing calls are.
- Don't paste code into the chat room - use pastie.org and paste the URL of the result to the channel instead.
Welcome to the Plone Community!
Other ways to connect
- Click here to connect directly with an IRC client (requires IRC client installed — see below).
To connect with an IRC client, you need one installed — which we recommend, it's much nicer for long-term use than doing it via a web browser. Here are some recommendations: