About the Plone IRC chat room
You will be chatting with volunteers in this IRC chat room; it is not a commercial support channel. If you require immediate support, please contact one of the commercial Plone providers listed at Plone.com/providers.
Again, please remember that these are free support channels staffed by volunteers. Commercial support is available from Plone.com/providers.
Some helpful tips
- Don't ask if you can ask a question — just ask it. We know why you are here. :-)
- Be specific. Tell us:
- What you are trying to accomplish
- What the problem is
- Show traceback errors. Copy and paste the entire traceback error in pastie.org and include the link.
- Post questions to the group. Please do not contact members directly.
- Keep the chat window open for at least 30 minutes and be patient. Please do not repeat your question — people might be busy or unable to help with your specific problem. Silence doesn't mean we're ignoring you! It means nobody available knows the answer to your question.
- Be courteous. Avoid CAPS-LOCK, it is interpreted as shouting. And please don't use excessive exclamation (!!!) or question marks (???), it makes you look unprofessional and discourages help. Keep in mind that this is real-time communication and what is said cannot be un-said.
- Do not worry if you are not fluent in English. Plone is a global community and people will you questions to explain the problem you're having.
- Use the examples below to phrase your question in ways people can help you:
- "Hi! I am trying to install PloneFormGen product, but it does not appear in the add on products list."
- "When I start Zope in debug mode I get the following log entry. I pasted the log to pastie.org and here is the link for the log entry http://pastie.org/123123"
- "Hi, I'm using product XYZ on Plone 4.0.1, I have a problem with the feature that is supposed to doABC— I get error BlahBlahError — what might be wrong? Here is a link to the error log on pastie.org:http://pastie.org/123123">"
Other ways to connect to IRC
To connect with an IRC client, you need one installed — which we recommend, it's much nicer for long-term use than doing it via a web browser. Here are some recommendations:
Other Plone related Channels on irc.freenode.net
- #plone - Free support
- #plone-ai - Admin & Infrastructure team.
- #plone-board - Foundation board members
- #plone-comms - Communications Team
- #plone-de - In German
- #plone-docs - Documentation Team
- #plone-fr - In French
- #plonegovbr - Government of Brazil
- #scplone - Pennsylvania State College
- #sprint - Sprinters
- #training - Training team